Samsung ue55d8000

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Gloryfool, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Gloryfool

Gloryfool
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to these forums, I'm looking to buy the above tv. Noticed the price is still quite high. After a recent shopping trip today to currys I was informed by a sales guy that they are buying 500 of this model for that store ready for new years. I questioned how many they sell, he told me that they don't sell many of that size and there is something going on ie price crash inc. anyone else heard anything as I don't wanna waste money if they are gonna discount this tv?

Any news would be appreciated

Chris

2. nerothefiddler

nerothefiddler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope this is not too late for you. I bought the UE55D8000 a month ago and am delighted with it. I was previously a Panasonic addict.Was going to go for the latest Panny, but was finally seduced by the design of the Samsung. Not too sure of the picture to start with, big change from plasma. Once I got the Samsung picture calibrated to my liking am more than pleased with it. Quite unobtrusive for a big TV when wall hung. Suggest you buy from John Lewis, with free 5 year guarantee and delivery. Mine was £1899 all in.

3. forestguy

forestguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I second that. I love my Samsung UE55D8000. Both 2D and 3D are excellent and of course the design is second to none. The only reason to change my TV is if the Samsung or LG OLED 55 inch TV's are 'reasonably priced' i.e. below 3K :smashin:

4. powerball

powerball
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Samsung ue55d8000 only last weekend after always having Sony, (and to be honest i wish i had stayed with Sony!) so far i aint impressed with the Samsung whilst watching normal progammes ie eastenders and Corrie the picture seems a bit on the jurky side i also have bright areas (both top corners and down one side) on the plus side the 3D is great and i did buy it for only £1849 complete with a 5 year warranty
    if however someone could give me some guidence on setting it up i would be grateful.:lease:

5. jim9618

jim9618
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any more pic settings for the UE 55 D8000? Im really struggling to get the kost oout of my tv. Also ps3 settings. I see alot of people are saying movie mode is the way forward, it seems a bit to dull?