Samsung UE55D8000 HDMI Audio Return question?

Feverdog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Whilst deciding between the above TV set, and the 47/55" LG 650T range, I was watching this video

It mentioned that one of the hdmi sockets is an ARC port that does audio return back to an audio receiver.

Like many, I have a HDMI 1.3 sound receiver (Onkyo 607) so cannot pass through 3D video to it....so I've been thinking of workarounds (main one being to either build an HTPC, or get a HiMedia 900c which has dual hdmi output).

I don't know about this sort of HDMI feature,so I'm wondering.....Is it possible to use this, by way of having my device connected to the TV in a standard HDMI port, then use the special hdmi port back from the TV into the AVR, to allow it to then bitstream the HD audio formats into the receiver?

Here's hoping....

Thanks

u can pass audio back but only for the tv tuners and only 2 channel thats why i use optical out for full DD 5.1 on some of the HD channels but again alas only the tv tuners its not for av equipment hook to the tv hope this helps:smashin:

cheers bud.

I've bought a new 6450 gfx card, to get HTPC up to spec for playing 3d......fingers crossed I can indeed force the surround to pass through a 3d signal in the HTPC settings but time will tell as I don't receive the new set till Fri afternoon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom