Samsung UE55BU8500

m28 red

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of this TV, good or bad??

I just want to do a bit of research after getting my fingers burnt with my last purchase.

Thanks in advance..

Does anyone have any experience of this TV, good or bad??

I just want to do a bit of research after getting my fingers burnt with my last purchase.

Thanks in advance..
Did you go ahead and purchase this particular Samsung TV, I bought one a couple of weeks ago and generally I'm pleased but getting the timeshifting or recording to work is proving to be almost impossible, so far.

Did you go ahead and purchase this particular Samsung TV, I bought one a couple of weeks ago and generally I'm pleased but getting the timeshifting or recording to work is proving to be almost impossible, so far.
Hi
Yes I did purchase this tv & matching soundbar.
I’ve had it about 4 months now and really pleased with it.
The only issue is that the sound occasionally disconnects when using the soundbar when connected via hdmi arc. This occurs when switching devices, ie sky to firestick, or Nintendo switch to firestick.
It’s a known issue and a reboot resolves.
I’ve not used the time shift/record option so can’t comment on that.
Regards

Hi
Yes I did purchase this tv & matching soundbar.
I’ve had it about 4 months now and really pleased with it.
The only issue is that the sound occasionally disconnects when using the soundbar when connected via hdmi arc. This occurs when switching devices, ie sky to firestick, or Nintendo switch to firestick.
It’s a known issue and a reboot resolves.
I’ve not used the time shift/record option so can’t comment on that.
Regards
Are you likely to try or use the timeshifting or recording as I'm beginning to think that there may be an issue with the TV, I've not had a response from the seller yet, I've posted a general post and hoping that someone will reply with some ideas as to what is potentially going wrong.

Are you likely to try or use the timeshifting or recording as I'm beginning to think that there may be an issue with the TV, I've not had a response from the seller yet, I've posted a general post and hoping that someone will reply with some ideas as to what is potentially going wrong.
Unlikely to be honest.
I’ll add a post if I do 👍

OK thanks for the reply, I've been so disappointed with the lack of the ability of this TV to handle timeshift or recording, this was confirmed by Samsung tech support, I contacted the seller and requested that I could return this TV and upgrade to one that will do both of these options, very small additional cost, and to my surprise they agreed and I'm currently waiting for the new TV to be delivered 👍😊

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom