Samsung UE49MU6400, Bleed & Bloom...

DemonTraitor

Thought I should Move/continue the thread: Question - Roughly £699 to spend, narrowed it down to a few sets...

Bought an LG, was not happy (see original thread). Bought the samsung as in the title, and having bleed and bloom problems. TV was fine when I bought it new 6/8/2017, but seems to have gotten worse.

There are pics in the original thread.

Shall I live with it, or change it?

davidcharles

change it....thats not normal.....bleed should not be that bad in normal viewing. Its a badly made panel, change it for another. Use those pictures if you go in store, it helps if you have evidence...saves them sending an engineer.

DemonTraitor

change it....thats not normal.....bleed should not be that bad in normal viewing. Its a badly made panel, change it for another. Use those pictures if you go in store, it helps if you have evidence...saves them sending an engineer.
OK thanks

DemonTraitor

OK thanks
Thought I'd upload pic. Bleed is along bottom
f6354495d29c2937155bd5350d291ce9.jpg

DemonTraitor

DemonTraitor

Getting the TV swapped Monday.. Fingers crossed.

creepyg

Would you mind sharing where you bought your TV from please?

Asking as I'm having a similar problem with the 55" version and was wondering how straightforward your conversation with the retailer was? Bought mine from JL so hoping they'll be fine.

DemonTraitor

Would you mind sharing where you bought your TV from please?

Asking as I'm having a similar problem with the 55" version and was wondering how straightforward your conversation with the retailer was? Bought mine from JL so hoping they'll be fine.
Richer sounds. They are amazing. Won't go anywhere else. I find JL overpriced and RS have better guarantee. I sent RS a pic of the TV, and they have arranged to pick up TV and then will give me a replacement the next day. RS in Cambridge have a demo room too.

creepyg

Richer sounds. They are amazing. Won't go anywhere else. I find JL overpriced and RS have better guarantee. I sent RS a pic of the TV, and they have arranged to pick up TV and then will give me a replacement the next day. RS in Cambridge have a demo room too.

Thanks, gonna gather some more pics of mine tonight and I'll contact JL. Pity, as I love the TV and the screen is otherwise perfect.

DemonTraitor

Thanks, gonna gather some more pics of mine tonight and I'll contact JL. Pity, as I love the TV and the screen is otherwise perfect.
I'm sure JL will be fine. They have a massive reputation to keep. How long have you had the TV?

creepyg

I'm sure JL will be fine. They have a massive reputation to keep. How long have you had the TV?

Fortnight tomorrow. Have to admit I noticed it the first time I watched a letterboxed movie but it didn't seem too bad. However, I swear it's gotten worse over the past few days. Either that or I'm just more attuned to it! Whatever it is, it's at the stage where I can't ignore it so I'm now waiting on JL getting back to me.

Hope RS sort you out with a good 'un!

DemonTraitor

Fortnight tomorrow. Have to admit I noticed it the first time I watched a letterboxed movie but it didn't seem too bad. However, I swear it's gotten worse over the past few days. Either that or I'm just more attuned to it! Whatever it is, it's at the stage where I can't ignore it so I'm now waiting on JL getting back to me.

Hope RS sort you out with a good 'un!
according to RS the problem can occur a little while after. I think the manufacturers should sort themselves out with their manufacturing. It's a scandal you can spend this much money on something and you're not guaranteed 100% satisfaction [emoji19]

creepyg

according to RS the problem can occur a little while after. I think the manufacturers should sort themselves out with their manufacturing. It's a scandal you can spend this much money on something and you're not guaranteed 100% satisfaction [emoji19]

Might not be my imagination after all.

Let us know how you get on with your replacement. Still waiting to hear from JL....

creepyg

JL called and have arranged a replacement to be delivered Wednesday. Plus price has decreased by £20 so they're crediting the difference :thumbsup:. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed....

DemonTraitor

JL called and have arranged a replacement to be delivered Wednesday. Plus price has decreased by £20 so they're crediting the difference [emoji106]. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed....
That's great news!

creepyg

New TV delivered yesterday by JL (great service btw!).

Don't feel this one is quite as well built as the first but the bleed is certainly better. It's now no longer noticeable under 'normal' lighting. Have to ramp the backlight up to get a little patch in the bottom left. There was some clouding in the top left but a gentle rub with a microfibre cloth seems to have tamed it.

It's possibly a keeper, but I'll need to spend a bit more time watching some HDR stuff and a few films to fully make my mind up.

DemonTraitor

I get my new one tomorrow. "old" TV was collected Tuesday. I could not expect any more from Richer Sounds in Cambridge, not only do they know their stuff, but their customer service is the best I have ever had in any other shop!

Would not shop anywhere else :)

creepyg

Hmmm....

Well I've spent most of the evening watching Netflix / Amazon and my earlier enthusiasm has waned.

Whilst the bleed isn't as bad, it's still noticeable. This tv also has it along the top and bottom. The clouding which I thought I'd managed to 'fix' is still there. So I've basically traded one set of problems for others.

The left side of the bezel is also loose and can be moved slightly.

As it stands I'm leaning toward replacing this one too. :zonked:

DemonTraitor

What an arse! It seems the manufacturers really don't care about the quality they are producing. If my new one is bad I'm going to rip into Samsung big time!

creepyg

It's hugely frustrating for sure. I've uploaded a pic which doesn't really do it justice but hopefully gets across the problem. The entire left side of the screen has that kinda grey, cloudy haze to it. If anything, it's even more distracting than the bleeds the previous set had. That one was at least evenly lit!

Attachments

• 20170817_224943.jpg
    20170817_224943.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 567

DemonTraitor

Oh yes that's crap. Is it Samsung again?

creepyg

Oh yes that's crap. Is it Samsung again?
Yep, it was just a straight replacement. Not sure where to go from here, surely 3 in a row isn't possible!

It's deffo going back, just need to decide if I want to play the Samsung lottery again or try my luck elsewhere.

davidcharles

Yep, it was just a straight replacement. Not sure where to go from here, surely 3 in a row isn't possible!

It's deffo going back, just need to decide if I want to play the Samsung lottery again or try my luck elsewhere.

take heart in the fact it took a 3rd Js8500 before i got a "good" one. Both previous sets had bright/bleed points in the same area....my 3rd is much better and is bleed free..... try one more....3rd time lucky

creepyg

take heart in the fact it took a 3rd Js8500 before i got a "good" one. Both previous sets had bright/bleed points in the same area....my 3rd is much better and is bleed free..... try one more....3rd time lucky

Yeah, reckon a 3rd try is on the cards as aside from these issues I'm happy with the TV.

Wondering if I should try spells, incantations or maybe blood sacrifice.... :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone