Question Samsung UE49MU6400 Audio Return Channel Low Output

GolfBravo27

Novice Member
Hi,

I've recently purchased the Samsung UE49MU6400 TV and Samsung HT-J4530 home theatre system. I have them connected with a brand new HDMI with Ethernet cable v1.4 which supports ARC and 4K (although HT-J4530 doesn't support 4K). Cable from HT-J4530 HMDI OUT is connected to HDMI IN 3 (ARC) on the TV

Issue I am having is the sound output from TV as a source via ARC is a lot lower than sound output from other sources to the HT-J4530. For instance playing a blu-ray disc or listening to music via bluetooth connectivity to the HT-J4530, sound levels are probably double the sound level I am observing from TV derived source over ARC.

I have tried an optical cable between TV and HT-J4530 but not getting any output at all via that route, it could well be a cable fault though as this was recovered from my old system. In addition I would prefer that connection is over ARC in order that I have just one remote to operate TV and HT-J4530 from in terms of power up and volume control, digital audio out optical would negate this and would mean I would have to explain to the wife why she needs to use two remotes...

I like to think I am reasonably switched on when it comes to configuration and connectivity but there appears to be a plethora of configuration settings across the two devices that if incorrectly set could be the cause of the problems I'm having. I've not had much luck on 2nd line support (Google!) so thought I would turn to them members on here for any thoughts. Is this behaviour by design or a config/connectivity issue in your opinion?

Regards,
Garry

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom