Samsung UE49MU6179 sound stutters and then freezes.

jackychi

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought the TV around 3 years ago and connected it to a SAMSUNG HW-J355 soundbar. Everything went smoothly. Some time ago the sound would cut for 1-2 seconds but eventually it came back.
Now since 1 week it's becoming unbearable. When we watch TV the sound stutters and then freezes. A fictional line from TV "He is driving a Cadillac" and then the TV keeps going "lac lac lac lac lac" and then it cuts. After 1 minute the sounds comes back but only as stutters.

I didn't change any settings when it started to happen but I thought it's maybe the soundbar so I removed it and switched to TV speakers, eventually I unplugged everything from the TV. Left only the cable in so no HDMI, Optical or anything, just the TV.
It still does it when watching normal channels. I tried to play around with the sound settings, switched to Bitstream to PCM and back, tried to reset the sound, reset the TV to factory settings.
The only way to get it to work is to unplug the TV, plug it back in and it will work for 1-2 days until it starts stuttering again and which point I have to unplug the power again.

Anyone has any idea what causes it?
Thanks

It's getting worse now, the sound doesn't stutter anymore. It mutes and then after 2 seconds it gets very loud and distorted. The only way to revert it is to unplug the TV.
I'm guessing it's a hardware issue.

Sounds like a faulty motherboard to me.

Is it the same with the soundbar disconnected?

There's a clue post #1: "
I didn't change any settings when it started to happen but I thought it's maybe the soundbar so I removed it and switched to TV speakers, eventually I unplugged everything from the TV. Left only the cable in so no HDMI, Optical or anything, just the TV.
It still does it when watching normal channels. I tried to play around with the sound settings, switched to Bitstream to PCM and back, tried to reset the sound, reset the TV to factory setting"

Yes with everything disconnected it still has the problem and as I said, now it's worse. Sometimes the sound cuts and then it comes back distorted and very loud.
How should I proceed since the warranty expired, try to find a motherboard online? Or would changing any other part work? Or how do I know it's the motherboard?

If you take the back off you'll see there is very little to the TV.

Everything has been amalgamated onto one PCB so for the issue you're having there is little else it could be.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom