Question Samsung UE48JU7000 / Sonos help

cjd85

Novice Member
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster here in need of some Samsung UE48JU7000 / Sonos help.

I have the green light from my better half to go forth and price a new AV system, with my intention to go for the TV mentioned above alongside a soundbar (due to space/budget restrictions).

The new system will go on the wall and will have SkyHD/Xbone/Apple TV running into it and will be wallmounted with my intention of running all the cabling into the wall to minimise mess.

Here's my thinking/question. We have Sonos players around the house already so the Sonos Playbar has some appeal - but I understand that, due to only being able to connect TV audio via optical out, this will restrict me to certain file formats (but we rarely watch blu-rays, mostly streaming/downloads via Sky/Netflix/ATV). Can I assume that my choice of TV will pass thru best choice of audio format via HDMI-->Optical?

Second question - does anyone have much experience with the Connect One Mini that comes with the Samsung TV and acts as a 'hub' for inputs leaving one cable into the tv? I am concerned that this will effect my ability to run cabling into the wall (i.e. is it certified to do this?).

I am more than happy to listen to alernative suggestions (I have also been looking at the Dali Kubik One) so feel free to throw any/all ideas this way. Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom