• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE48JU6800.. good or bad?

turbo1191

Standard Member
Hey folks.. I'm in the market for a new set. I used to follow the tech years ago but not really in the know anymore about what's good and bad. I've still got my 42" Panasonic plasma from years gone ny but fancy something bigger and newer. Not got a huge budget, probably about £700. Looked at this 'Samsung ue50ju6800' and can get it for 699 with a 5 year guarantee. Would like 4k and possibly curved, not fussed about 3d.. I know this is all probably a big ask. Anyone got any recommendations

NigelC

Established Member
Hi. I am in same situation and got my eye on an LG. It seems things are rather confusing right now and I wonder if LED/LCD 4K is actually mature enough with lots of discussion around banding, contrast, response times and viewing angles etc. I love my Panny Plasma but like you keen to get something newer and larger. OLED may be the ultimate choice but they are silly money.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom