Samsung UE48H6700 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE48H6700

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 11

Contrast: 95

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 50

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R48, G3, B9; Green - R21, G50, B0; Blue - R9, G13, B51; Yellow - R50, G 49, B10; Cyan - R18, G51, B50; Magenta - R47, G6, B49)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset +2, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset +2, Red Gain 0, Green Gain -6, Blue Gain +7

Gamma: -2

Expert Pattern: Off

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Black Optimiser : Low

Thanks for this.

Quick question.

Should sharpness be set to 0 (zero) ?

Or is this a typo?

Gamma at -2 is different to the h6400 as it was set at 0.

After using my tv for weeks now, I'd just like to thank Mark (and Unisoft) for their recommended settings. As this was my first LCD/LED tv, I'm pretty sure I'd have ended up sticking with the 'standard' settings or else been all at sea with trying to make sense of all the adjustments possible. As it is I feel I've ended up with something far better than I ever expected, with a much more natural image than I would have previously given credit to with an LED tv.

cheers guys.

Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

Picture Size

Advanced Settings

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R48, G3, B9; Green - R21, G50, B0; Blue - R9, G13, B51; Yellow - R50, G 49, B10; Cyan - R18, G51, B50; Magenta - R47, G6, B49)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset +2, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset +2, Red Gain 0, Green Gain -6, Blue Gain +7

Picture Options

Hi, thanks for the calibration settings. You mention improving the picture further using the 10 point scale, just wondered why these settings weren't included? Thanks again.

Thanks. Just set my 40 inch with this. Picture looks outstanding in Blu Ray sourced material. I have not seen a contrast level so good on on LCD until now

I would echo that sharpness being set to the lowest at 0 is not recommended though. I can definatley see some fuzz at the level. Sticking with the out of the box setting of 20 (or even marginally higher) is much better

Picture Size

Advanced Settings

Picture Options

Thanks for these settings, they work very well on my UE48H6670. However I use them on Standard picture mode saving a further 33.33% energy with near identicle picture to movie mode. I find MPEG NOISE FILTER on Auto works well, especially SD broadcasts. Contrast 82 is a match for 92 in movie, Backlight 8 are optimum in Standard mode with warm 1, and default white balance prefered. Brightness can be upto 47 and Colour down to 47.
Sharpness no more than 10 is the best compromise. Screen fit works on some tuner channels while others default to Auto wide 4:3.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
I own this tv (55") and have applied these settings. It's definitely better than what I achieved using the DVE calibration blu-ray. So thanks!

One question though, are the manufacturer's different picture options (ie standard, dynamic, movie etc) inherently different from each other in some non user alterable way, or are they just predefined configurations of the standard parameters - i.e. If I set them all to the settings above, would they then all look the same?

Reason I ask is because I use the TV in what can be a very bright room during the day. At present I have movie set up for night time viewing, standard for daytime, and I really need a 3rd option for bright sunlight, but obviously I want all 3 to be the same aside from brightness and contrast settings (and I'll need to use dynamic contrast enhancement for the bright day one).

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom