Question Samsung UE48H6400 or UE48JU6400

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by SpaceGhost, Jun 10, 2015.

1. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi everyone, I've not been on avforums for a very long time but am now in need of some TV advice. I currently have an LG 42LN575V which I've had for 2 years and overall have been disappointed, so I'm looking to replace it.

I'm going for a 48" this time but am struggling to decide which to get. I've narrowed it down to the 2 in the thread title:
    - Samsung UE48H6400
    - Samsung UE48JU6400

I initially chose the H6400 because of all the excellent reviews, and the best price I can see at the moment is £549 at Richer Sounds. I know it's been cheaper in the past but this is the best I can find now.
    I then noticed that the JU6400 is available for £800 also at Richer Sounds (John Lewis have said they'll price match) bundled with a soundbar, and I thought that with it being a 2015 model it might be worth paying the extra. I subscribe to both Netflix and Amazon Prime so would have access to 4K content. I'm just worried that getting a relatively low end 4K set means it will be under-powered and will irritate me as much as my LG has done over the past couple of years.

Any advice or alternative suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    So today I've noticed the free soundbar offer with 4K TVs has ended everywhere. I've rang my local richer sounds and they've got a 48H6400 in so I'm going for that.