Samsung UE46F6400 Owners Thread/Calibrated Settings

Mescudi

Novice Member
Reaction score
I decided to post a owners thread of this TV with my custom calibrated settings as there is not much user information for this TV online.

I would also like to note that even though i hate using any extra features samsung puts on their TV's such as bdwise and dynamic contrasting ect, i actually think for RPG's and similar genre's, i prefer playing with Motion Plus on, simply because to my eyes i think the picture is improved and is smoother, titles i play it on would be the likes of Dead Rising 3 and Assassins Creed Black Flag, However definitely turned of for games such as Battlefield 4. (my motion plus settings are listed further down)

I have owned this set for 9 months now and have a pretty bad habit for spending very long times adjusting picture quality until I'm happy with it, so after finally reaching final picture settings here is my calibrated setting info:
Colour - 50 Tint - 50 (don't touch this)
G-Gain - 22 B-Gain - 21
Interval 3 - Red 0 | Green 0 | Blue +2
Interval 4 - Red 0 | Green 0 | Blue 0
Interval 5 - Red -1 | Green 0 | Blue +1
Interval 6 - Red 0 | Green -1 | Blue 0
Interval 7 - Red -1 | Green -2 | Blue -2
Interval 8 - Red 0 | Green +2 | Blue +1
Interval 9 - Red +1 | Green 0 | Blue 0
Interval 10 - Red +2 | Green +1 | Blue 0
Colour Tone - Warm 2 Digital Clean View - Off
MPEG Noise Filter - Off HDMI Black Level - Low*
Motion Plus - Custom - Blur Reduction - 10 | Judder Reduction 10 | LED Clear Motion - Off**
**I would advice to turn MotionPlus completely off when playing any games that require no lag and when watching movies and tv as it increases picture lag.

Last edited:
Backlight 16 and contrast 96 o_O Wow that's bright! IMO far too bright.

Backlight 16 and contrast 96 o_O Wow that's bright! IMO far too bright.
Have you applied this whole calibration list to this tv? 96 is the maximum amount of contrast before the whites become too bright and merge together.. After going through multiple calibration disks and experimenting myself i found this was the perfect level for this tv and would definately not turn it down, why would you say it was too high?

Forgot to mention the calibration settings are for when the tv is set at movie for display mode.. If you had the display mode as standard then 96contrast would be ridiculous i agree!

Have you applied this whole calibration list to this tv? 96 is the maximum amount of contrast before the whites become too bright and merge together.. After going through multiple calibration disks and experimenting myself i found this was the perfect level for this tv and would definately not turn it down, why would you say it was too high?
I don't actually have the TV anymore tbh, but those figured seemed very high and a bit blinding if you're watching something in a dimly lit room. I know what you mean about the whites but without the lights on that sort of contrast level is pretty hard on your eyes and will hurt when it switches from a dark to bright scene.

Taking nothing away from you as it's just down to personal taste :)

Hi to all.
I need serious help with the service menu. I have the F6400 version. If an of u can go to service menu and tell me the options on your tv. I messed up mine.
I need:
Type:
SW Model:
Bom Model:
Tuner:
Ch Table

Also some pictures of the system menu would help. U can look and take a picture but dont change them

Hi,

My TV keeps changing the default sound settings to TV speaker rather than keeping it set to my receiver. Is there a way to lock it to the receiver?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom