SAMSUNG UE46D8000 46" Full HD LED 3D TV

bigdavecox90

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help with the best and cheapest place to find one?

3D TV - - Crampton & Moore (TV) Ltd

These guys have been fantastic for me so far, highly reccommend them.

£1,429 with 3D Blu-Ray Player and 4 pairs of glasses
£1,299 with only the 4 glasses

with free delivery

Why not just get the D7000 its cheaper and basically the same tele from everything I have read about the 2.

I've been told that the d7000 and d8000 LEDs are identical, except for the bezel. Can that really be true? It was from a guy in Comet.

They are essentially the same set, here's the comparison from Samsungs own website:

Televisions | 3DTV, LED TV, LCD TV, Plasma TV & Accessories - Samsung UK

I personally had the D7000 and had it for a week - phenomenal 3D performance for me, very bright - just not great performance from the fast moving sports that I tend to watch - so I'm going back to a Panasonic GT30. Don't let that put you off though, very good TV.

And this is exactly why I haven't yet bought a television! If there were any good deals on I'd probably have bought a GT30 by now, I've had that top of the list. But the good deals seem to have gone before Xmas so we've been shopping around and in store viewings (and tweakings) the Samsung D8000 has seemed more impressive. Plus there are so many consistent reports of problems on GT30. So had mostly come around to getting D8000 or the D7000. Now your mention of problems with fast sports... :(

I want one for SD and HD viewing, including football from Sky HD, plus some 2D and 3D PS3 gaming and a little Sky 3D TV or movie watching but not planning on buying blurays.

There are features on the D7000 and D8000 which you can disable that will eliminate the slight blur effect which is called Motion Smoothing.

I personally dislike the look of the new Panasonics they look chunky, ugly and cheap >.< Although it might have the least lag for gaming the Samsung's are a true thing of beauty and picture quality is fantastic from what I have seen.

Go for the D7000 unless you want a metal bezel and a logo that lights up which will cost you a few hundred more in some cases for the D8000.

Hi it's my first post here. I've narrowed my hunt for a TV down to the Samsung UE7000 range. I am only interested in 50"+ also with a budget of 1000-2000£. The 8000 range really doesn't seem to justify the extra money and many actually prefer the bezel on the 7000 series.

My only hesitation is that I held off buying one before christmas (when samsung were offering cashback) because I anticipated finding something in the january sales - no luck! Is it worth investing now do you think? This is a big purchase for me and I won't get to do it again for another few years. Don't want to buy something and find it on sale a month later!

UE55D7000 + 4 Pairs of Glasses - £1649. This is by far the greatest deal I have seen and I am extremely tempted to go for it. Sorry if it seems my post is hijacking your thread. I think we are looking for the same answers though so hopefully it's all good haha :)

Ditto on being disappointed by the January "sales" - what sales?!

Only thing I've heard is that manufacturers tend to announce new models and ranges at CES, which is next week. So do people expect a price drop on 2011 models like the D7/8000s, and if so how quickly?

Hi it's my first post here. I've narrowed my hunt for a TV down to the Samsung UE7000 range. I am only interested in 50"+ also with a budget of 1000-2000£. The 8000 range really doesn't seem to justify the extra money and many actually prefer the bezel on the 7000 series.

My only hesitation is that I held off buying one before christmas (when samsung were offering cashback) because I anticipated finding something in the january sales - no luck! Is it worth investing now do you think? This is a big purchase for me and I won't get to do it again for another few years. Don't want to buy something and find it on sale a month later!

UE55D7000 + 4 Pairs of Glasses - £1649. This is by far the greatest deal I have seen and I am extremely tempted to go for it. Sorry if it seems my post is hijacking your thread. I think we are looking for the same answers though so hopefully it's all good haha :)

£1740 for D8000 with 1 extra 3d glass ( 3 in total), a skype camera and touch remote.
Just couldnt decide to go with this or wait for JL stock. My bad... the deal is with UE46D8000
Help !

Last edited:
£1740 for D8000 with 1 extra 3d glass ( 3 in total), a skype camera and touch remote.
Just couldnt decide to go with this or wait for JL stock. My bad... the deal is with UE46D8000
Help !

As far as I am aware neither the 7 or 8 series come with touch control, even on Samsung's website and all the sites that have reviewed both have shown the ugly cheap remote you get with both :( only the new 9 series comes with the touch control.

I believe the Samsung glasses are about £20 each, cheapest of all the active glasses. The touch remote is ok in the shops but if you have an iPhone I believe you can just get an App that does something similar if not the same. Apparently in the States they sell a tablet about 5" as their remote and you can import that.

New 9 series? Hopefully a price reduction imminent on the 8000 then>

GokuSS4 said:
As far as I am aware neither the 7 or 8 series come with touch control, even on Samsung's website and all the sites that have reviewed both have shown the ugly cheap remote you get with both :( only the new 9 series comes with the touch control.

Costco include the touch control as extra. So 2 remotes in total

Costco include the touch control as extra. So 2 remotes in total

I was thinking about buying from Costco but last time I checked they wanted over £1800 for the 40inch >.<

How much are they selling the 40inch D7 and D8?

Just bought a UE55D8000 open box from JL for £1600! Loving it at the moment

1389 delivered from robert whyte includes 5 year warranty and 2 glasses

Just bought a UE55D8000 open box from JL for £1600! Loving it at the moment

cracking price. I'd buy it if I could see it @£1.6k. Not sure what you mean by "open box" ? Is that ex-display? Did it come with any warranty? how many 3D glasses and what extras did you get?

schmutz said:
cracking price. I'd buy it if I could see it @£1.6k. Not sure what you mean by "open box" ? Is that ex-display? Did it come with any warranty? how many 3D glasses and what extras did you get?

There is no box. The guy say it is customer return due to size too big. Carries full 5 year guarantee from JL.
2 glasses included.

flippence said:
1389 delivered from robert whyte includes 5 year warranty and 2 glasses

Is that a good price? Seems everything is dearer now when I expected prices to have dropped by now :(

these kind of prices still I think i will hang on for the 2012 TV's £1,300+is a lot of money for tech to be soon made out of date (March/April at a guess)

Is that a good price? Seems everything is dearer now when I expected prices to have dropped by now :(

hah we are in the same boat waiting for the next bargain. I'd recommend being patient. Don't invest now, or you just as well bought your TV before christmas the prices haven't moved.

I agree prices seem stuck, but from what I read about CES there isn't anything coming in the new ranges that will make these top end tv's out of date. So many shops like JL have limited stock anyway that will they really need to slash the 2011 prices to clear the way? You may lose a couple of hundred pounds, you may not...

I wonder if Keluar's 55d8000 is the one I returned?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom