Samsung UE46D7000 Smart 3D TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tophat, Sep 9, 2012.

1. tophat

tophat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do I enable the BBC text facility using the Samsung TV UE46D7000. When I press the text button subtitles show. If I hook up the Humax freesat I can access the text services with the usual red button but not with TV alone. Suggestions would be appreciated.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    The Text button is for teletext on the old analogue service and if you still have that it should work.
    If you don't then you should have the BBC Red button service - are you saying that it does not work either?

3. tophat

tophat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am aware of the analogue text button which I do not use. It is the digital text which should operate with red button. When accessing the system menu the digital text item is greyed out and disabled. My question was how to enable the digital text. I have tried factory reset. Samsung do not offer a great deal of help other than suggesting factory reset. Thanks for your response.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    That's OK, and you shouldn't need to make any setting for the Red button service to work.
    The information about Teletext on page 322 of the manual refers only to the analogue system.
    Where in the "system menu" do you see the greyed out "digital text item"?
    Try selecting the BBC Red Button channel from the programme list - it's usually number 105.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. tophat

tophat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    logiciel thanks for your comments but have just been advised by Samsung after finally getting through to someone who understands the digital text service that the TV can only obtain digital text with a terrestrial aerial. I use freesat on astra satellite. Have overcome the problem using Humax satellite receiver to supply digital text and works OK. Shame that Samsung equipment is not geared up though. Not as sophisticated as I had thought.