• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE46D5520 any good for gaming ?

d34dc41m

Established Member
well its been 4 1/2 years and my samsung LE46M87BD has finally started to fail.luckily i got it from john lewis and they have offered me an UE46D5520 as a free replacement.my only worries are that the response time will be a lot slower than my LE46 " which was stated as having an 8ms response time.

now the question is will i notice the lag if the new set which is stated under several tests to have a 33ms response time or is it time to get a monitor for my gaming...

please note that im a time served gamer and have very fast reactions so much so that im not able to have a plasma tv as im able to see lots of plasma trails when i rapidly move my eyes from left to right across the screen,this irritates me as the new panasonic plasma's where to be my first choice as they dont suffer from any lag issues.

ive read that most new led tv's have issues with slower response times but if anyone knows of a fast/fastest with compairable image quality of the samsung screens please help me out :)

4 1/2 years ago i spent a lot of time on this forum and hope that the people who frequent it today are as helpful as they were then.thanks in advance for any suggestions :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom