Samsung UE46B6000 LED picture Quality

Nellples

Standard Member
Hey guys,

First post here for a little assistance/clarification if anyone can help me please?

I have just happily purchased a new Samsung UE46B6000 LED television and even managed to very easily hang this on the wall along with my new Samsung BD-P4600 Blu-Ray player. Picture quality with the Blu-Ray (connected via HDMI) is amazing and great to watch.

I also have a BT Vision Box (Similiar to Virgin/Sky Box) connect to the TV again via HDMI cable. When watching anything on the BT Vision Box its nearly always a SD signal and here's where I have a slight issue.

Anything that I watch via the BT Vision Box that is SD has a strange picture quality about it? Its almost like someone has removed the slight film effect from the tv show or film which leaves it looking like a slightly cheap home made movie. I've watched a number of things recently and it seems to be the same on everything.

Could it be the quality of the HDMI lead I purchased to all or has anyone else experienced a similar effect at all please?

Thanks, Nellples

mcjibba

Hi

I would advise you to have a play with the 100hz motion plus settings (page 19 on user manual) and maybe some of the other picture processing features like film mode as these can often have some effect on the image like you are seeing.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom