Question Samsung UE43TU8500UXXU or LG LG 43NANO796NE or Toshiba 43UK4B63DB?

swift1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

My main setup is as per my signature, in my living room. In the same room but on the other end I also have a 32" Toshiba LED TV (32L3753DB), with PS3, SkyHD, Netflix and Nintendo Switch, initially set this up for my children to use because I won't let them use their games consoles on my Pioneer.
However I keep finding myself sitting on this side more often due Netflix. I'm really happy with the Toshiba but the size seems a little too small hence I was contemplating on a 40" LED TV but to no avail on this size other than the Panasonic Panasonic TX-40HX820B @ £599 which is out of my budget.

So the next size being 43" I have shortlisted the following 3 models:
*Samsung UE43TU8500UXXU £429
*LG LG 43NANO796NE £429
*Toshiba 43UK4B63DB £349

Another issue I find is the sound from the current 32" Toshiba 12W RMS and sounds very tinny, I'm hoping the above models having 20W RMS will make a slight difference and more so will negate the need for a Sound bar or even 2.1 setup something I would like to avoid because I already have 6 speakers on the same room.

Any advice on which model to go for would be appreciated, once again I'm still contemplating on the idea and depending on the sale prices this Friday I may or may not even buy a new TV.

Thanks

I do not know about the other two but the worst TV we've ever had by a country mile was a Toshiba..

I do not know about the other two but the worst TV we've ever had by a country mile was a Toshiba..

Worst TV in terms of what - please elaborate a little?

Toshiba 43UK4B63DB is a Vestel.

A few days ago I had my new Samsung UE43TU8500UXXU £429 delivered.
Out of the box the picture was very poor. High contrast, over-sharpened (halos), and bad colour. I went into the settings and did a few tweeks and I am now delighted. Obviously picture quality appreciation is subjective, but as a photographer I can easily identify a poor image and know how to correct it.
Two points: firstly, I am amazed that Samsung would release a TV out-of-the-box with such a poor picture. Secondly, I am pleasantly surprised that by digging into the settings I was able to adjust the picture parameters to correct the picture.
Not sure if I should say this but... I bought from ao.com and their service was excellent. The TV came with a 7-day price match. I received notification from PriceSpy of a lower price at Robert Dyas (£399). I contacted ao and the price match refund was immediate.
In short, I am a very happy bunny.

Thanks for your input Tony, I'm glad you have managed to sorted!
I'm still indecisive which one to go for and depending on the model reduced the most in the sale next week.

Swift1, good luck with your decision. If you go with a seller offering price match within 7 days you really can't go wrong, price-wise. I suspect most retailers are close to bottom by now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom