Samsung ue43j5500 and Sky+ HD - Anynet+ issue

FM1980

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a Samsung ue43j5500 TV, and have both a Sony Blu Ray (can't remember which model) and a Sky+ HD box attached.

When I change the source, or go into the smart hub, a message appears on screen saying 'Anynet+ device is not connected'. I have no idea what this means, and is a little frustrating as it appears every time the source changes. The connections are:

Sky+HD to HDMI 1
Blu Ray to HDMI 2

I like that when I switch the Sky box on, the TV will turn on as well and tune to the correct HDMI channel, and the TV does turn on quickly. I turned off the Anynet+ function on the TV and this created a slight delay when the Sky box was turned on and then the TV turned on separately - there was a brief 'no signal received' message before the TV realised that the Sky box was turned on.

I also scanned for Anynet+ devices on the TV, and both the Blu Ray and the Sky box were found, but when I tried to connect to the Sky box it wouldn't.

My main question is, why does that message appear and is the only way to stop it to turn off Anynet+ on the TV and switch the Sky box and TV on separately from now on?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom