Samsung UE42F5500 - TV for sons PS3

Wish

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my sons 32" Samsung for a more upto date 40" or above.
I wasn't really looking at smart TV's but it might be a good idea for him.

Is this a good tv for a PS3 ?
With the PS4 on its way should I really be dropping the smart functions and go for 3d TV ?

Regards

Hi. I just got the 42F5000 yesterday. Its brilliant. SD and HD picture quality is very good. Response time for gaming is fantastic. Much fun was had playing FIFA and Lord of THe Rings. I had a lot of movies recorded on my BT Vision box and the F5000 played all of them clearly and without any blur or other problems with picture. Likewise standard dvd's played through my xbox looked stunning. One of these was Prometheus which is notorious for catching TV's out with skin tone and black levels. The F5000 passed with full marks! Very very impressed so far. It looks the business too. Very sleek! I got it for £439 from Currys. For the price it is an amazing TV. I intend to turn it into a 'smart' tv by connecting a smart/blu ray player. I kill two birds with one stone that way and also spend less money!

ps. 3d option could be the Samsung 40" F6100. This is a lot more expensive at £610 from Currys. I'm pretty sure Rciher Sounds has it for £599 though. However, I found a 40" tv just a little small for gaming. 42" is perfect. A lot of course depends on where the TV is going and what the viewing distance is. Mine is in the sitting room (on the small side!) and viewing distance is 7-9.5 ft.

It will be mounted on the wall with a distance of 15ft connected to his surround sound.

A viewing distance of 15 ft? Might want to look at something a bit bigger than 42" then!!! I would look at 46", 47" or 50". F5000 is available in 46 and 50". You could even go to 55" easily.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My F5000 is going back. Massive banding on left, top and bottom of screen. Willing to accept it is probably a one off but will not be replacing it with a Samsung as once bitten twice shy!

What are you going for then?

The other option I've come up with is a Panasonic TX-L37ET5B 37

Just checked amazon and its gone up £50 since last night :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom