• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE42F5000AK or Panasonic TX L39EM6B

faidtoblack

My sisters neighbour has offered her the pick of these two sets for free. If anyone has some better knowledge than I could they please recommend which they should go for. They will be using a fire stick or possibly getting a ROKU stick and mainly watching Netflix, prime, freeview, Now tv.

My gut feeling is the Samsung but I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Dodgexander

faidtoblack

Both very good TVs but I'd say the Samsung has the edge, especially if you want better motion and sound. There are two reviews of the TVs here:
Samsung UE42F5000 – Sound Quality and Verdict Review | Trusted Reviews
Panasonic TX-L39E6 – Online Services, Second-screen Support and Picture Quality Review | Trusted Reviews

Thanks @Dodgexander I appreciate the reply. Only issue is that she has just told me that the mains lead is missing, although I am sure it will not be hard to find one to purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom