Question SAMSUNG UE40MU6402UXXH vs SONY KDL40WE660. Which one to buy?

kiregiv

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying one of these SAMSUNG UE40MU6402UXXH or SONY KDL40WE660.

Mostly it will be used for YouTube, Netflix, movies through USB and rarely sports on TV channels.

Which one is better option for me and why.

Thank You guys.

If you watch or can watch HD as a minimum and some 4K then the Samsung wins. If not, then go for the Sony.

If you watch or can watch HD as a minimum and some 4K then the Samsung wins. If not, then go for the Sony.

What do you mean "if you watch or can watch HD"?

I'm watching Youtube/Netflix on 720p/1080p even if I buy Samsung I don't think that I will watch on 4K because 99% of the Youtube videos aren't available in 4K or sometimes internet speed sucks for 4K.

Poor quality sources don't look good upscaled on UHD models so you should go for the FHD one if you have no plans on 4k sources.

I'd be concerned on any TV relying on the TV direct for media playback, limited video and sound format support.

Any reason why you only are looking at small screen sizes and also 2017 models instead of 2018 ones? Generally UHD itself is pointless until you go up to larger sizes. If you are using a TV already, you may just be better sticking with what you have.

Poor quality sources don't look good upscaled on UHD models so you should go for the FHD one if you have no plans on 4k sources.

I'd be concerned on any TV relying on the TV direct for media playback, limited video and sound format support.

Any reason why you only are looking at small screen sizes and also 2017 models instead of 2018 ones? Generally UHD itself is pointless until you go up to larger sizes. If you are using a TV already, you may just be better sticking with what you have.

I have PHILIPS 32PFH5501/88 that can't be repaired so I'm looking for new one. 40" is max that I can fit in my room, my price limit is $480 and these two TV's are the best in my country.

You think that better option is SONY because I won't use 4K on Samsung right?

NOTE: as I said above, mostly it will be used for YouTube 720p/1080p [NBA Highlights & other stuff], Netflix 720p/1080p and some sports on TV channels which again 480p/720p.

My question is which TV will produce more quality/real (more details, colors etc.) picture?

*I can't edit that's why I posted in new post*

You think that better option is SONY because I won't use 4K on Samsung right?

My question is which TV will produce more quality/real (more details, colors etc.) picture?

Basically the Sony is a better option because you do not have any high quality sources. Less upscaling=better quality picture for poorer sources.

The Samsung will have an edge over the Sony with colour and smart TV though, although the better colour of the Samsung will probably not be noticeable unless you are using a source that has HDR.

Basically the Sony is a better option because you do not have any high quality sources. Less upscaling=better quality picture for poorer sources.

The Samsung will have an edge over the Sony with colour and smart TV though, although the better colour of the Samsung will probably not be noticeable unless you are using a source that has HDR.

YouTube & Netflix aren't high quality sources?

I'm more interested in good picture quality for YouTube, Netflix or movies through USB, I don't care that much about TV channels, it can't be that bad.

If you have no plans for 4K then a 4K tv will be wasted. It’s pretty much that simple.

Would you upgrade your Netflix account? Add Amazon Prime?

Its just dependant on the source, you can get good and bad quality UHD, FHD, SD. The worse quality it is, the worse it will look on an UHD TV.

If you are mainly watching Netflix and Youtube and they are available in HD or higher you'll probably be okay.

If those sources however aren't in HD yet (a lot of older youtube content) then it won't look very good upscaled to UHD.

If you are planning on watching your own file rips, I'd want to make sure they are a high bitrate and 1080p as a minimum for an UHD TV.

More value can be found in an UHD model if you alter the quality of your sources to be as high as they can be. Netflix UHD plan instead of standard is one way. Other ways would be Amazon/Apple TV. Regular Blu-Ray/UHD Blu-Rays and or HDR games consoles.

If you aren't fussed about UHD and don't plan on getting sources available in UHD then there is no point having an UHD TV.

Gotcha, I will go with the Samsung. Mostly it will be used in 720p/1080p so Samsung will give me a better quality of picture.

Thank You guys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom