Samsung ue40mu6120 Fault after repair (richer sounds)

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Ceet12, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Ceet12

Ceet12
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Sorry to post about this as I'm a new member to register however I have been a regular reader for a long time.

I have an issue with a Samsung ue40mu6120 I bought from richer sounds at the end of November 2017.

I didn't actually use the unit until late February /march because I was renevating the room for the TV to go in.

After installing the TV on the wall bracket. I noticed certain things that didn't seem right with the television. Some menu items at first didn't work. Aspect ratio did not correctly set 4:3 images as 16:9. The apps sometimes hung and the TV restarted itself.

Then the problem got worse the TV would randomly crash and shut it self down. Then I would have to pull the plug out the wall and restart.

I first contacted richer sounds who put me through to there support, then I got cut off.

So I emailed Samsung direct after getting a reply I responded again, and they did not respond back to my email. I did numerous resets including a factory reset but it did not work.
    I then received a call from Samsung around a week later and the customer support agent was unhelpful. They then said they would raise it to a senior agent but I never got a call back.

After living with the issues, Around a month later the TV crashed and turned itself off. But this time it completely would not turn back on. There was no power led atall.

I called richer sound the next day and informed them again. I got transferred to Samsung because it was under 12 months old.

The customer support agent connected to my phone to view the issue and stated it was a power supply problem and said they would arrange a repair agent to come and repair the item.

When the engineer came they fitted a new power supply board in my house to the TV, but it did not fix the problem so they took the TV away, they stated they replaced the main board.

I have now had the TV back two weeks and exactly the same fault has happened again no power and the TV will not turn on, no power led etc.

I now have no faith in this TV now, I have no faith in this model and certainly no faith in the repair work being undertaken.

Can anyone advise me what I can do in this instance? Considering its been repaired once and broke again?

I am sorry for the long winded message.

Kind regards.

2. Ceet12

Ceet12
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi not sure whether I should have set this as a question?

3. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,208
    Ask for another engineer visit - if same issue is diagnosed then I’d push for a new set. I don’t think it’d be unreasonable if Samsung/Richer Sounds want to try fix it. There are some on here that have had several issues fixed on the same set - not just Samsung ones either.

4. Ceet12

Ceet12
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought there was some consumer issue were if the set fails twice in twelve months it's will be replaced or refunded.

I find it unacceptable that some people have had to have there sets sent away and "repaired" seven times in twelve months.

5. Simon D

Simon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    As for your consumer rights have a look here for help in the link below

Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Which? Consumer Rights

From the "Which web site"

If you reported the problem within 30 days or within the first 6 months then During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction if you wish to keep the product. But only in the first 6 months

If a fault develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time you took ownership of it.

One important point with the Richer Sounds free 6 Year Guarantee that you must initially register your guarantee with Richer Sounds and/or the manufacturer – this must be done within 12 months of purchase of your item.

The first year is normally covered by the manufacturers and then Richer Sounds for the next 5 years.

6. Ceet12

Ceet12
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.

The TV was bought november 27th but I didn't install till end of march, early April as I finished the work on the back room.

So yes the fault was there from the start. If I would have used it straight away I would have noticed but unfortunately I didn't.

I first notified richer sounds on the phone in may who told me to ring and press option two and then option 1 for Samsung. I actually have emails to Samsung I think in late may. So it was within the first six months. The major defect happened about 3 weeks later end of June early July. And that same defect has happened again. I have no power (no led) on the TV at all. After already being sent away to be repaired.

I need to get something resolved because I have no TV in the back room ATM.

Thanks for your reply Simon

Kind regards

7. Simon D

Simon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    What payment method did you use to buy the TV, you may have some addition consumer protection if you used a credit card?

good luck

Simon