Question Samsung UE40JU6445UHD Lip Sync Issues

tonymadge

Novice Member
Reaction score
I posted on another thread but that was a different model.
I wonder if anyone has any similar problems or ideas on a fix for this....
I bought this TV from Curry's 10th June and returned it two days later as the lip sync was very bad, sometimes a bit out other times well out. It was confined to the TV tuner as Sky was perfect. I had an exchange TV same make and model now this is as bad as the first one, the video below shows what I mean.

I never had this issue with the TV prior to this an 8 year old Panasonic 42 inch Plasma, which went to the TV heaven after parts were unobtainable. I love the picture quality of the Samsung but this lip sync issue is driving us nuts.
Thanks for thoughts and ideas
Tony

You should have an Audio Delay setting in the Additional Settings area of the Sound Menu. Can you get it right with that?

Are you on latest software - check by going to Support Menu > Software Update?

Is it all channels?

I have altered the delay to various settings with no joy, It is on all channels some worse than others, odd thing is sometimes its perfect then it gets worse and as above in the video really bad. It is not all the time but when it starts its there and does not go away.. Strange

I do have a Samsung sound bar on an optical connection, but with the bar connected or disconnected it makes no difference

Also the sound doesn't lead the video its the other way round so any audio delay setting will make it worse wont it?

Also the sound doesn't lead the video its the other way round so any audio delay setting will make it worse wont it?

Well, it depends where the slider is to begin with. I think it's usually at around 70ms by default so you can go either way.

I've been using a JS85 with the internal tuner with no problems like that so I would report to Samsung if I were you. Might just be a quick software fix they can do.

Thanks Mark for your replies, I have reported it to Samsung and sent them the video link. The delay setting goes from zero upwards default setting is 50 ms it does not seem to go negative which I assume would advance the audio.

I have this problem with Samsung JU7000 but on all inputs! The picture is ahead of the sound, so delay just makes it worse. Needs a setting to delay the picture!

Time to move to another TV manufacturer I think.... I cant understand why this problem seems to be known by Samsung but not fixed??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom