Samsung UE40H7000 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Steve Withers, Jun 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Steve Withers

Steve Withers
    Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,469
    Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE40H7000

Picture Mode: Movie

Backlight: 18

Contrast: 79

Brightness: 45

Sharpness: 0

Colour: 50

Tint: G50/R50

Picture Size

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Black Tone: Off

Flesh Tone: 0

RGB Only Mode: Off

Colour Space: Custom (Red - R47, G0, B3; Green - R27, G53, B12; Blue - R4, G11, B50; Yellow - R53, G 50, B10; Cyan - R20, G54, B53; Magenta - R46, G0, B50)

White Balance 2-Point: Red Offset 2, Green Offset 0, Blue Offset -4, Red Gain 0, Green Gain -12, Blue Gain +3

Gamma: 0

Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options

Colour Tone: Warm2

Digital Clean View: Off

MPEG Noise Filter: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low (If applicable)

Film Mode: Auto2 (If applicable)

Motion Plus: Off

Black Optimiser: Off

2. Bonker99

Bonker99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have to say these settings have destroyed my picture on this model.

I'm getting big red smears on the border of people's faces with their hair/background objects and occasional blue smears on the border of black objects with lighter objects.

I had the UE40H6700 previously and the suggested settings there were revelationary for that set, a truly superb picture but these, wholly different, settings are clearly giving me problems ...

Thoughts??

3. jbendotnet

jbendotnet
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just took delivery today of the 46" version, initial settings were weird, very un-cinematic. Applied the above and they are much better, thanks :)

4. Smiling

Smiling
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I joined the forum to post a reply and a thank you. The family has been on at me for ages to buy a new telly and to resolve I applied a favourite solution; reading the lastest Which! magazine and then buying the best buy to hell with the cost. This got me quickly to the EU40H7000.

Before it arrived I printed off this page. As soon as I had it out the box and plugged in I went through the settings so they exactly matched what is above.

All I can say about the picture quality is WOW!!!

The first evening watching Broadchurch was a revelation - one staggeringly beautiful picture after another. I am not sure what Bonker 99 did but I suspect he may not have put the settings in right. If you are reading this and have bought or are thinking of buying this TV all I can say is print of the page and follow the settings. We have an absolutely fabulous picture - better than I could have hope -thank you very much AVforums.

Miles