For Sale Samsung UE40F8000 latest LED flagship TV, brand new

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by thierry_s, Aug 7, 2013.

1. thierry_s

thierry_s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I am selling a Samsung UE40F8000, brand new.

I have purchased it in a store on Saturday 3rd August, unpacked it, watched a bluray for 1 hour, and decided it was too small. I immediately repacked it.
    (The store is refusing to take it back as it's not a distance selling and they don't have a "goodwill" return policy. This is why I'm selling it here.)

There is no scratch, dent or anything suspicious. Note that I have removed the very thin protective plastic that covered the trim (a 3mm band of plastic going all around the screen) and one that covered the cable panel at the back of the telly. I've also removed the shrink wrap of the stand and of the four AAA batteries (that I put in, and subsequently removed from the remotes).

The attached picture is of the box. There is no point taking a picture of the telly itself, it is brand new.

The owner's thread is here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1786287-ue-f8000-owners-thread-part-4-a.html

The AVForums review is here:
    Samsung F8000 (UE40F8000) 40 Inch 3D LED LCD Smart TV Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

Purchased for £1350, selling for £1250.
    I've not used the £100 cashback, so you can claim that too, making your final price £1150 ! :thumbsup:

The manufacturer's warranty is 5 years.

Collection from Forest Gate, East London, preferred.
    I might be able to drive to you.
    I looked at couriers but they won't insured television, so it would be entirely at your own risk, no refund, no return. The box is 20x61x99cm, 13.7kg.

Thanks,
    Thierry

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. Mike1977

Mike1977
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. thierry_s

thierry_s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Total Digital is selling it for £1057 +30 for delivery, and a one year warranty. This special offer ends this week-end. To extend the warranty is £189 with D&G (although it also covers accidental damage, whereas the 5 year warranty of the set I'm selling is parts & labour only).

I have also realized that I must do the £100 cash back myself as it must match the invoice.

I am willing to sell the set for £1100, but we have to agree on pick up/delivery on top of this.

4. Mike1977

Mike1977
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry but I can still buy a brand new one, with the warranty in my name and delivered to my door, paying by credit card, for less than you want for yours which I would then have to collect. I don't think that is realistic so I'm withdrawing my interest.

5. thierry_s

thierry_s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm withdrawing the sale of this telly from AVForums as I moved it to an auction site.