• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung ue40f8000 gaming black flicker/smearing

davegl1234

Novice Member
Hi,

I have recently bought a Samsung UE40f8000 and have hooked my pc up to it, but am having some issues with the picture when in motion. Whilst the picture looks amazing most of the time, in pretty much all games to some extent, I get this dark flicker or smearing when I move the game camera.

Its quite bad in DA2, as hopefully shown in the link above if you look at the trees when I flick the controller.

This doesn't happen on my pc monitor, and I have tried turning off every option on the hdtv, one by one, but it doesn't seem defeatable (including eco settings, game mode, renaming input to pc etc). It also happens on my ps4 too. I'm thinking this is either a fault with my particular tv, or a by-product of a feature that I am not able to switch off.

I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this, whether this is a common effect when gaming on a hdtv, or if you think its a fault and worth pursuing with samsung?

Thanks

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom