Samsung UE40F5500 - Samsung App Account Problems

mclb01

Standard Member
Good morning all,

I've just purchased the above TV which is my first Smart TV. I'm having a few problems and would be grateful for some advice.

I've set the TV up in terms of tuning and Wi-Fi connection. When I access Smart TV, I only have 2 Apps available (BBC and ITV players) with everything else greyed out. I therefore tried to set up a Samsung account as per the TV user manual, but when I select 'Set up a Samsung account', nothing at all happens, the screen just returns to the TV programme. So I set my account up online, but when I try to log on to my account on my TV, I select 'Log-in to Samsung account', again, nothing happens, and the screen reverts back to the TV programme.

I may have missed something and would really appreciate some of your expert advice. I've emailed the Samsung technical support team but suspect they're closed on Sunday.

For info, the Software Version is: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0

PS - I also can't find any Freeview HD channels which, according to another forum, may indicate that this might not be a UK spec TV, despite being purchased from John Lewis. Again, any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks................

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom