Samsung UE40ES6710, is there anything else I should be looking at

jouster

I'm looking at buying a new bedroom tv. Currently have a two year old Sammy 32 inch LCD 1080p but would like to upgrade to a full current model LED and considering the size of the bezel on the older TV. I think I should be able to go to a 40 as long as new tv has one of the new style minimalist bezels.

I'm thinking of the Samsung UE40ES6710 and have managed to get John Lewis to price match it at £599 including there standard and great 5 year warranty which I think is a pretty fantastic price.

I'm just wondering if the AVFORUMS members think this is the right TV to go for...I know it's a bit overkill for a bedroom tv BUT it ticks a lot of boxes...Freeview HD. Smart TV. Size is great and price with the price match is also fantastic. But it has 3D which ill be honest isn't going to getting used that much if at all.

I will be feeding the tv with a digital terrestrial ariel AND XBMC via a Revo R3700 and this is fed with all the HD material I could ever want to watch. I could also feed the TV with a satellite feed and utilise the Freesat tuner as well then

So any other suggestions would be great, am I going OTT.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read through this

jouster

jouster said:
I'm looking at buying a new bedroom tv. Currently have a two year old Sammy 32 inch LCD 1080p but would like to upgrade to a full current model LED and considering the size of the bezel on the older TV. I think I should be able to go to a 40 as long as new tv has one of the new style minimalist bezels.

I'm thinking of the Samsung UE40ES6710 and have managed to get John Lewis to price match it at £599 including there standard and great 5 year warranty which I think is a pretty fantastic price.

I'm just wondering if the AVFORUMS members think this is the right TV to go for...I know it's a bit overkill for a bedroom tv BUT it ticks a lot of boxes...Freeview HD. Smart TV. Size is great and price with the price match is also fantastic. But it has 3D which ill be honest isn't going to getting used that much if at all.

I will be feeding the tv with a digital terrestrial ariel AND XBMC via a Revo R3700 and this is fed with all the HD material I could ever want to watch. I could also feed the TV with a satellite feed and utilise the Freesat tuner as well then

So any other suggestions would be great, am I going OTT.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read through this

Gutted. Dragged my feet on this and John Lewis have now discontinued this model on their site. Booooooo.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Try the shops. Different stocks to website :)

No promises of course. At this time of year, can be snooze you lose!

jouster

Yeah that's true. There is one near my office at Stratford so could try their when back at work next week. Also probably worth tiving lakeside a call as well right

Would they honour a price match on web in store as well?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom