Samsung UE40ES5500 HD Tuner

Panny78

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've got 2 Samsung TV, both are full HD with HD Tuners using freeview via UHF aerial connection.
(TV1) = UE40ES5500K
(TV2) = UE32F5000

After retunning and all firmware upgrades I cannot receive Freeview Channel 64 on TV1 but TV2 works fine. The only theory I've got is something strange about the HD Tuner in TV1.

I can provide more information as requested.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

What channel is on 64?

Channel 64 is Jewellery Maker.

I checked a friends Panasonic 3D tv this evening and after a retune, Channel 64 was available.

I'm suspecting its something to do with the 'E' series of Samsung HD tuners.

Not the tuner but the software in the TV combined with odd signalling for that channel.
Is there a software update available?

Latest software release was in Apr 2014, which has been applied via USB as the online method doesn't work.

Firmware = T-MST10PDEVC-2000.2

I have tried a factory default reset and tuning from new state.

Primary = England
Secondary = West Midlands

Number of channels detected was.
Digital = 126
TV = 79
Radio = 26
Data/Other = 21

The TV is directly connected to the aerial, therefore no other equipment (e.g. PVR, etc) interfering with signal.

There are quite a few bits of information to describe a channel, there may be a combination that the software in that TV doesn't handle correctly.

Solved :)

The answer was logical and sometime I never bothered to check as the cables look the same length
(to within 4 metres) and good condition.

I swapped the TV's over in physical location and UE40 tunes in correctly and UE32 doesnt work now.

So the problem is with the cabling between the unpowered splitter in the loft and the location of TV1, using this information I found that frequency channels 33 & 47 are missing which give a total of 9 digital channels different between the 2 TV's, these channels must be low signal strength.

I'll check through the cable connectors or install power booster and this should solve the problem.

Thank you again for the help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom