Samsung ue40d8000 L&R audio out!! Urgent help

critterchum1

Standard Member
Hi
I have the Samsung UE40D8000 model and I need to know how to get audio out from tv using red and white RCA!

I have plugged in the adapter with the component leads hanging out and plugged in the red and white rca's

The phono leads are going into a box for my grandads hearing aid loop, but dont know how to get the audio out from the tv.

We are using the built in hd freesat. Urgent help please

critterchum1

Standard Member
I should say that I am using the supplied adaptor that came with the tv. It is green one with two headphone type connection pins and has the component plus the L&R audio cables on it

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The reason you cannot get audio from the Red & White phono plugs is because the component cable adaptor is an input not an output.
The only way you can get audio out of this model is either use the optical out and then buy an optical to analogue convertor which has two phono outputs for the audio but does need a separate power supply plugged in ( it comes with this)... Or...use the scart adaptor lead and plug in a scart to phono adaptor.
You can only output Tv sound from this i.e. You won't get any sound from any connected equipment like Sky, Cable, Dvd etc.
The optical out with the adaptor will output the audio from all inputs.
They are available for roughly £ 25-£35.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
hi, i dont understand the extra power supply bit? could you pop a link on here of the product i would need please

It means it comes with a small power "brick" so you'll need another 13A outlet near the Tv.
I use these daily in my work to get audio out from TVs and they work a treat.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
critterchum1 said:
Can I use the headphone socket? or will this mute the tv

You can use it but it does mute the speaker...there's no way around that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom