• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE40D7000 vs Panasonic TX-P42GT30 vs LG 42LW650T

lethal1000

personally i would go for the panny as i have the 46"gt30 and am loving it,even the misses loves it.best picture quality as far as i am concerned as before i bought i looked at most tv's out there and was by far impressed with the panny.i know it costs more than most tv's but to me picture quality far outweighs the cost.have watched around half a dozen 3d blu rays and not a problem with ghosting or cross talk from what i can see so i am well happy.

oggmyster

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the panny in HD but no 3D. Have tested the VT30 in 3D and that was truly beautiful (watch a bit of avatar). I was originally going to go with the ST30 for christmas but thought i may as well wait for january sales and get the GT30. I have seen the LG in 3D and it's impressive but not Beautiful...

oggmyster

Standard Member
I will be playing Xbox 360 games in 2D and 3D both in HD... I have heard that plasmas get go wrong with games ? e.g. over heat ?

lethal1000

i play xbox 360 and original xbox with no probs at all and believe me 3d quality is second to none.my misses who is so difficult to please and suffers with migranes has no probs and is overwhelmed with my tv.

oggmyster

Standard Member
perfect, thats exactly what i needed to here... Think i will go for the GT30 in january when they are a little cheaper.
Thanks

lethal1000

no probs,my only gripe is the glasses are expensive.i have the 2nd gen glasses and got relieved of £260 for the pair:eek:.but the 3rd gen are around half the price,but if you go on ebay and look for compatable glasses you can get 2 pairs for around £70.not tried these yet but they are on my list.

oggmyster

Standard Member
ye think i will just go for the GT30 mainly because i would feel weird buying a tv thats over a year old when i could buy a new one...
'Which?' says that the vt20 does do better 3D though :/

lethal1000

i feel you will not be disapointed in the gt,i certaintly am not.i will say again i looked at a lot of tv's before settling on the panny,my main concern was the other half and the gt was the only tv she could watch easily both in 2d and 3d.we both watched avatar in 3d which is a 2 and a half-2 and 3 quater hour film last sat and both of us were breathtaken.

oggmyster

Standard Member
That's good to here. I think I have definitely narrowed it down to one of the pannys... Unless I test a samsung and it amazing.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom