Samsung UE40D6530 - A better analysis

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GokuSS4, Jan 9, 2012.

1. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Hi all,

Right I decided to go for the Samsung UE40D6530 yesterday, after having read everything from people saying its got poor delay for gaming and hardcore gamers will feel the lag. Also the build quality on the stand being flimsy, along with it being poor for 3D.

So here is what I have to say about the set and I am a hardcore gamer.

First off the build quality is fantastic it is not flimsy, comes with a nice crystal looking neck screws firmly into place with a back part that goes onto the back of the tele.
    The stand itself is a nice metal brushed aluminium of great quality.

Screen quality is truely amazing, I put it in game mode (only available once you have a console on) I played with some of the colour settings and there was NO lag, I felt no delay nothing.
    I tried it on MW2 and I had no issues, I played a bit poorly as I was stunned by the sheer quality of the colours and visuals it was a huge jump from a Samsung LE40R74BDX that was 720p HDMI 1.1.

Also for 3D again amazing, I have no idea why people have complained it doesn't do true 1080p to each eye, for me it was stunning I played Halo Anniversary and I even made my other games into 3D like Skyrim and wow!

So in my opinion having paid £649 for this 40in I don't see why the D7000 which is a few hundred more is worth it.

I linked the tele to my wireless network straight away, it found a firmware update which it did instantly and well everything the menus, the smarthub is all very easy and straight forward to use.

I am extremely happy with my purchase on top of which I can see no bleeding or ghosting or nothing perfect 10/10!

Mine came with 2 glasses that are active, has 1 lithium battery in each glasses and are not rechargeable but do last many hours.

2. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Nice review mate. My Bro in law has the 46" version and i was very impressed but didnt get the chance to do a proper test with games so at least you have answered that for me.

3. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    No problem :)

If anyone has any questions regarding the gaming side and image in general I will do my best to answer :)

Hopefully I have helped some folk save some money as I can be very picky and critical when it comes to technology especially since I have had bad luck on many occassions when buying electrical goods >.<

However I can safely say the image is flawless, the 3D glasses that come with it are more than adequate but will agree with those that say watching 3D in the dark is better.

Also for anyone wondering what the screen is like it is glossy shiny.

The remote you get is the big chunky thing however I downloaded an Unofficial Samsung Remote app for my Windows 7 phone and that works flawlessly as well! :-D

4. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    So which games have you tried and on what platform?

5. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Only tried with my Xbox 360 slim Gears of war 3 edition.

I tried Halo Anniversary in 3D that was awesome.

Tried Gears of War 3 in 3D but that makes a side by side image and does not work in 3D for some reason however I might have to just manually put it in 3D mode via the remote.

I tried Skyrim and made that 3D using the 2D-3D conversion and was amazing love how it makes it look more life like and feeling as though you are in the game literally ^_^

I also did the same thing to Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition and again looked great.

Forcing 3D on 2D based games gives it more depth and makes the picture look more out and well nicer!

I then played MW2 in SD just to test the lag and I didn't feel a thing coupled with BT fibreoptic 40mb :-D

I have Deus Ex Human Revolution and heard about a patch that adds 3D not sure if this is for PC only though but might try that too.

Also just for a laugh I tried UNO in 3D LOOL and it looked pretty good! :p

6. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Sounds great. Im going to get laughed at here but i genuinely wasnt aware you could force 3D on 2D games. I thought to get 3D you had to play games that had the feature.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

7. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Its cool, yeah you just press the 3D button on the remote and hey presto! Instant 3D :-D

8. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I really cannot comment about how amazing 3D appears to your eyes on D6530 but here is a reply from Samsung themselves when I contacted them regarding the issue of D6530 not being Full HD in 3D.

---------------------------------------------

Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

Unfortunately, your particular model is NOT capable of full HD in 3D mode. Only our D7000 and D8000
    models are capable of this feature; your particular model is a full HD TV but not in 3D mode. A firmware
    upgrade to change this is not a possibility as it firmware cannot in any way alter the internal components and
    hardware, which would be necessary to receive 3D in full HD.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Samsung again and we will be more than
    happy to help.

Kind regards,

Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

9. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  10. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Mmmm whats cheapest price on the D7000. Really got 1K max budget on a new set but think these are a little more than that.

11. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    depends on the size ... u can get it for 1k and less in 40"

12. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Mmm ok cheers. Currently have a 42" plasma so wondering if id miss the 2 inches. Lol

13. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well you can grab em off ebay new in 46" for 1099 including 2 3d glasses ... if that doesnt break your budget ...

14. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Ok thanks mate. Will have a think about what size to go for. Like I said I already have a 42 incher and that at times seems massive as I have a tiny living room so 40 might be ok.

15. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    no worries just giving you the advise you asked for ... the 40" usually goes for around 900 easily - I have the 40" too (package from richersounds including bluray player and 3 pair of glasses, less than 1300) and I think its currently big enough, hat a 42" panasonic plasma once and dont really see any difference due to how the bezel is made .. looks very stylish and worth it

16. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Very helpful mate thanks. How is it for gaming?

17. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cant complain for PS3, Wii is a bit poor but thats due the low resolution supported by the Wii but can be dealt with ... I dont enable game mode all the time ... and in addition I sometimes even use it as extended display for my macbook though it only has around 60dpi its still ok

18. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I dont care if Samsung have said its not true HD 1080p to each eye in 3D, the FACT is the 3D on this site looks outstanding and for £649 for what I paid it would be insane to then pay £980 for a D7000 even cheapest is £850 from what I have seen but from online retailers.

The simple fact is the D6530 has AMAZING picture quality and as I said I am extremely picky on a lot of things especially electrical items I like to have the best where possible. But having compared the D6530 and the D7000 I couldnt see where that extra £300 was going to.

Also I am a hardcore gamer and I have had no issues with the quality of the screen, I have no ghosting, no lag nothing.

Maybe the earlier versions were affected by some issues but not mine.

19. woofaki

woofaki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My aunt has the same model as you,the picture quality in 2D is almost as good or same with my D8000.But sadly the 3d is much worse for me to the point that i cant enjoy it.But if you are from the lucky ones that cant tell,then its a blessing for you.I wish i could too,and save myself from the money :) But sadly i saw them side by side in media markt and was impossible for me to get the 6XXX model...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  20. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    +1

21. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Well I must be 'extremely' lucky then because the 3D on my set looks fantastic. I looked at the D7000 and couldnt see where that extra £300 was going to...

The D6530 looks fantastic its a work of art, everything about it is pure amazing. I cannot fault it at all especially for gaming its performance is extremely good.

I had a few more goes on MW2 last night and managed to stay at the top of the leaderboard whilst drooling at the the screen.

22. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Looks like they have fitted D7000/D8000 panel on your TV by mistake. :clap:

23. woofaki

woofaki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You are lucky because you cannot see it my friend not because its not there...My friend also couldn't see the difference until i point out to him where he need to look.But what really matter is,that you are enjoying your TV :) And i agree its good for gaming too,i didn't saw any problems with gaming although some reviewers was talking about it.I play slow passed games tho but for what i play its ideal.

24. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    For me personally 3D is nice but at the same time a bit of a novelty I know once I have seen and tried tons of stuff in 3D mode I will get bored and go back to 2D lol.

Anyways for my own use being for movies and games mainly 2D and sometimes in 3D I think I have done pretty well, I can now put the money saved towards a PS3 and Star Wars on blu-ray! :-D

25. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    would you mind testing your panel? D6x00 TVs FULL HD 3D Defect - SamyGO!

just download http://www.worldserve.de/projects/samsung/HD-Testbilder.zip extract, drop the files onto a usb stick and review them on your display in 3D the pictures should be 100% identical expect for the 3D bubble shown for the 3D images, can be reviewed without 3d glasses ... usually on 6series a few fields are messed up due to the resolution restriction caused by the integrated hardware

would be interested to know if they have changed the hardware components

as I wrote I had the issue on the 6 series and received the upgrade due to fact as my device was advertised to support fullhd 3d

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  26. Kailash

Kailash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +438
    where did you get the set? linky?
    i like the sound of it, 3D is a way off being common place so i'm too worried about getting the best 3D set. doubt i'll even buy a 3D player
    thanks

27. GokuSS4

GokuSS4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Emm not sure if I want to start messing about with stuff, I will try to give it a go but I work long hours so the only day I will get free is Sunday.

But I am truely happy with my set I keep looking at it thinking wow its soo thin and looks gorgeous sad I know but its a huge jump from my old Samsung tv.

28. r4nd0m

r4nd0m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    no worries .. takes 5minutes to check ...

29. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,151
    Thats the only thing that matters. If your happy with your purchase then good on you mate and hope you enjoy it.

30. woofaki

woofaki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I suggest you NOT to test it,the issue is here,there is no need to test it and ruin your mood.Its better the way you are now.Just enjoy your TV my friend.I even find faults in D8000 on 3D too so nothing is perfect.Except of course if they give you the free upgrade to D7000 if you complain about it,it will worth it then lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012