Samsung UE40D6100 USB Media Files Problems

drgarold

Novice Member
Hello all. I have hunted high and low for an answer but can't find one. I have a samsung ue40d6100 tv newly bought (and very happy with). I have my dvds backed up to a hard drive as ISO. In an attempt to use the usb, I have a WD Elements 1tb portable drive which is USB 3 i know but backwards usb2 compatible.

i have converted some of the ISO to MP4, Mpeg4 m4v files on the usb drive and plugged it in. The tv lists the folders they are in but doesnt show the files. the bizarre bit is that the TV can see the m4v file when it is on my all share phone but not on the plugged in drive. does anyone have any tips? the drive is formatted ntfs.

I am at a loss, the drive is clearly readable and discoverable by the tv as it lists the folders, the files are playable in the case of the m4v but not in combination.

Does anyone have similar trouble with the Samsung Smart tvs or ideas how o get around this? i am trying an mkv conversion to see if that gets found by the tv. thanks

drgarold

Novice Member
this gets more bizarre, have tried mkv and it works. (long term not an issue as it just means i am tied to using the MKV file conversion rather than the mp4)

still not sure why it wont show mp4 mpeg4, if anyone knows solutions i would be really grateful, i would rather be able to use that than mkv as anything i buy digitally online seems to come as a mp4.

Thanks in hope

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom