• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE40D5520 vs LG 42LV355T vs Sharp 40LE531E

gngy87

Standard Member
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to ask you some advice. I am about to buy a LED tv, max 500£. At RicherSound I've found these three models, all within the budget. Which one is the best choice in your opinion?
In particular, any review or owner of the Sharp one? I could't find any info even on the manufaturer website.

Thanks a lot.

gngy87

Standard Member
I have spoken to the guys at Richer Sounds, who told me about people complaining for Samsung's motion blur, advising me to choose between the LG and the Sharp, the latter having the best picture quality of the three (and also the 100 Hz). Do you agree with what I have been told? Any comments?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Uses for the TV?

If concerned about motion handling, have you considered a Panasonic plasma? Review of the S30, G30 and ST30 variants in the review section on here

Review of Samsung http://www.*/news/samsung-ue40d5520-ue32d5520-201107121282.htm

gngy87

Standard Member
Main uses are SD and hd digital channels, movies and Wii games. Personally prefer led lcd picture over plasma, hence the three model listed above. Thanks for answering and for the link though. Which one would you choose and how is Sharp considered nowadays?

gngy87

Standard Member
I think I'll buy the Sharp one, maybe next week.. If anyone (owners too) has any feedback, please feel free to post!
Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom