Samsung UE40D5000 or Toshiba 40RL838 or Philips 40PFL7605H?

Yorkshire Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So, I live in South Spain and the choice of LED TVs here isn't brilliant. I went on a tour of the local shops in the are and these 3 seemed the best of the bunch.

Basically I'm looking for suggestions of which one to buy and the reasons for doing so. The best prices so far of the models are:

Samsung UE40D5000 = €479 (£385)
Toshiba 40RL838 = €499 (£401)
Philips 40PFL7605H = €449 (£361)

I'll be watching Spanish channels in SD and HD (I think the Philips is the only one without a HD tuner), UK channels in SD (hopefully soon to include a few HD ones) via Freesat and finally I'm going to get a Blu Ray drive soon. At the moment I'm using a 2 channel Hi-Fi amp but I'm thinking of getting a 5 (or more) speaker setup so will need to change the amp to a home theatre model with HDMI (I suppose?)

I've been scouring the web thanks to Google but there isn't much info on the Toshiba and Philips models. The Samsung seems to be OK in the reviews but I've also read good things (mostly from other countries) about the Toshiba and Philips sets :confused:

OK, over to you and thanks in advance :)

Actually, I don't think any of these TV's have an inbuilt Digital HD tuner... :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom