• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE40C5100 Connections..?

thedynamix101

Standard Member
Hi,

I am very interested in getting this Samsung UE40C5100 TV (. Generally very good reviews and very competitively priced.

Concerns I have:

1) At the moment I have a simple LG LCD. On the side it has a port for just a simple 2.5mm input jack. Therefore I can just stick my PC speakers in (which are awesome) and get the sound through them.. Does this Sammy allow for that too?

2) Someone mentioned somewhere that the HDMI (and other) ports are located on the TVs side, rather than at the back. Can anyone confirm? How ugly would it be having cables dangling out and around the side!?

Thanks guys.

TD

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Download the Samsung user manual and get the info.
Just a small correction to your post...the connection on the side of your LG is a standard 3.5mm headphone socket...not 2.5mm

thedynamix101

Standard Member
The TV's input/output specs are as per below:

Input & Output Audio Out L-R (Mini Jack) No
Component In (Y/Pb/Pr) 1 (Common use for Component Y)
Composite In (AV) 1
Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
DVI Audio In (Mini Jack) 1 (Common use for PC Audio In)
Headphone 1
PC Audio In (Mini Jack) 1

Which one is the 2.5mm port I'm talking about that comes from my PC speakers??

CraigTheRave

Standard Member
I have this TV and was initially concerned how the side input connections would look. They are on the left hand side of the TV and the sockets for HDMI are a good way in so the cable only sticks out about an inch. The arial socket is on the back, as is the Optical audio socket. I was disappointed that it had no Analogue L R out connection, but the 3.5mm headphone socket (again on the left) should do the job nicely.

Last edited:

Blademanx

Standard Member
i have the 40 inch version.....you have to pick between your speakers or tv speakers.....on other tvs you can use both. no idea lol

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom