• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE40B8000 or Sony KDL40Z5500

Memino

Established Member
Hi, I've been looking for a good hdtv for a while now and have narrowed it down to 2. I'm mainly going to be watching bluray movies and playing games.
Sources: Wii, ps3 (used as bluray player), xbox360.
I will be sitting roughly 9 feet away from it.

I was also wondering if the input lag is really bad on these sets because most sets these days seem to have highish input lag and also if 40inch is suitable for 8-9 feet viewing.

boxrick

Prominent Member
If you are mostly watching Blu rays and playing games then the 200HZ will serve no real function other than degrading the picture.

However if i had to choose the above it would be the Z5500 due to no gimmicky backlight auto dimming, much better sound quality and a better 200hz implementation.

However id consider:

Panasonic TXP42G10 <--- mainly this one.
Samsung LE40B650 and
Sony KDL40W5500.

giangdarookie2

Established Member
oh, I didn't know 200hz degrades your picture, in what way?

it create artifact and more input lag. its not good for either movies or gaming, it should only use with sport programming.

if u want gaming u either by a plasmas the best one for gaming is the panny G15 also very good for movies,

for LCD there is the LG SL8000, which I have great for gaming, also very good for bluray.

neither the B8000 or the Z5500 has low input lag time. which is what u want for gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom