Samsung UE32T5300A and Sky Arts as Freeview

cjay55

The last time I bought a TV was over 15 years ago, a 32” Sony Bravia which has served me well. I subscribed to Sky for many years until cancelling two weeks ago and watched almost everything through a Sky+ box.

Once that was disconnected all I had left was the Sony’s very antiquated Freeview interface and intermittent reception on many of the channels.

I have now bought a 32” Samsung UE32T5300A which arrived today. I admit I am utterly out-of-date as regards TV features, functions and terminology. I saw the Samsung offered 70 Freeview channels and didn’t notice that it didn’t have Freeview Play which I understand is the On Demand service.

The only Sky channel I watched regularly was Sky Arts and as it is now free to air, I thought would be included in the 70 channels but the Samsung won’t tune to it. I phoned and have been assured by the people at Freeview that I should be able to tune to Sky Arts on channel 11 but several retunes later and it’s still not there. I have channel 9 (BBC4), 10 (ITV3) then 12 (Quest), 13 (E4) and so on but no channel 11.

Other than that, I am happy with the set and have managed to connect to various digital services: Netflix, Britbox, BBCiPlayer etc so have all I need apart from the elusive Sky Arts.

I could receive Sky Arts via Freeview on the old Sony so why will the new Samsung not tune to it? Is Sky Arts only available on TVs which have Freeview Play?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom