Samsung UE32F5500A Wireless headphone set up?????

007geezer

Novice Member
Currently have a Samsung UE32F5500A
wall mounted in our bedroom, trying to connect the wireless headphones
(Sony MDR-RF800R)
to the TV so that the TV speakers still function at same time as im using the headphones, Im the deaf one in the family, but wife needs the normal TV speakers set at a whisper setting just to annoy me.
Tried the Audio out R-Audio-L RCA Audio out jacks at the rear connected to the wireless headphones base station with no joy, no sound at all, any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated. Would even buy another compatible headset if required if that was the problem?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Those RCA sockets are inputs not outputs.
To use wireless headphones you need an optical digital to analogue audio convertor plugged into the set's optical out.

007geezer

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply JayCee,
ill certainly look into the optical digital to analogue audio convertor, but am surprised at the "Those RCA sockets are inputs not outputs" as it does clearly say beside these RCA sockets RCA Audio out?????

I have just found that on connecting the wireless headphones base station to the Sky HD box in its "Audio out" connection instead of directly to the TVs audio out. I can get sound whilst watching sky channels, half a result, as I was really wanting the connection to the TV instead so that it would allow me to listen to the Freeserve channels and also a movie on via the USB connection.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I've looked at the online E-Manual for the model no you gave UE32F5500A and it states it has optical audio out, the ARC HDMI audio and the headphone out.
Did you give the correct model no taken from the label on the rear of the set?
Can you upload a picture of the rear connection panel?

007geezer

Novice Member
Exact details on the rear of TV is UE32F5500AKXXU
Thanks again

Update: will upload picture tomorrow, as lady of the house asleep! Waking a sleeping tigress and all that jazz Gulp!!!

Last edited:

007geezer

Novice Member
Your correct JayCee very low resolution and they uploaded fine, bit grainy but legible

Attachments

• samsung2 (1)-1.jpg
    samsung2 (1)-1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 36
  • samsung2 (2)-1.jpg
    samsung2 (2)-1.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 40
  • samsung3-1.jpg
    samsung3-1.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 37

JayCee

Distinguished Member
As stated, those Red/White phono's are the audio IN in conjunction with the 3 component video phono sockets above. The audio out is the optical.
Yes, you do need the convertor, no need to spend a lot on the optical lead, the "Gold" makes absolutely no difference to its performance.

007geezer

Novice Member
Only £3.75 for the cable, never actually looked at the Gold bit, and £12.00 for the converter, much cheapness! .So hopefully with this set up my headphones will now work from the TV itself....:clap:

Now,just have to wait till its delivered...Ill get back and let you know how it turns out, and once again thanks for the help:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom