Samsung UE32EH5000 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Samsung UE32EH5000 TV Review | AVForums

Picture Mode : Movie
Backlight 12
Contrast: 86
Brightness: 43
Sharpness: 0
Colour: 47
Tint: G50-R50
Screen Adjustment
Picture Size: Screen Fit
4:3 Screen Size: 4.3
Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: n/a
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off
Picture Options
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Auto 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a UE32H5000 which I believe is a newer incarnation of this TV and your settings are almost spot on for me. Just a little dark but I notched up the brightness a little.
One thing to note is that when you start changing the settings, Picture Mode changes back to normal. But I guess movie is a good starting point for tweaking the settings.
:lesson:

I'm looking at a TV for my daughters bedroom for use with an Xbox 360 and had looked at this one, any recommendations/comments from owners?

If there are any pitfalls or cons that you have experienced, even little niggles like placement of connection ports, can you specifically highlight these?

I intend to fix the new TV to a plasterboard stud wall with a low profile bracket ... how is the weight, depth, bezel width, etc

I notice that there is a UE32H5500 on Currys for almost the same price ... what is the difference between these two sets? The tech specs seem to show this TV as having smaller dimensions and weighing less...

Last edited:
The 5500 is a Smart TV, the 5000 isn't.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom