• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UE32C8000 vs UE32C6530

graemeboy

Standard Member
Hey guys, I'm just back from Currys and was admiring a C8000 samsung LED edge lit TV when I noticed they sell this series in 32" form! It loses the 200 Hz (only 100 Hz on 32") and 3D features compared to the 40"+ models according to the staff member I asked.

A quick check on the samsung website makes no mention of this tv and I am just wondering if this is actually the UE32C6530 renamed and the price bumped up by currys? Does anyone know if there is any difference in these models?

Cheers!

graemeboy

Standard Member
I believe the 6530 just has a black frame. Apparantly the 32c8000 has 'precision dimming technology' like with the rest of the c8000 series to reduce problems with backlight distribution? Even though they are edge lit, samsung claim that they utilise the technology from the full led backlit screens. Can anyone confirm this, google is useless

graemeboy

Standard Member
Anybody know? I'm about to take the plunge and get the 32c8000 but if there is next to no difference between it and the 32c6530 i might as well save myself some money. Any help appreciated!

graemeboy

Standard Member
Thanks, yeah I've noticed the sheer volume of complaints about the 6530 on here. Think I might get the c8000 and then I can always return it if I'm unhappy with it. If there are any c8000 owners out there, let me know what you think of it!

moogen

Standard Member
I have the UE32c6510 and im v happy with it! It has a better pic than my 50" Pioneer plasma, pic even on standard freeview is almost too realistic. My only observation is at times the frame rate, it looks like everything is speeded up but at the same time it's not... anyone know what i mean? :confused:

I was looking into the UE32c8000 and couldn't get hold of it, was told it was expensive and dropped by Samsung and it didn't actually support 3d.

So id be interested to see a link of it for sale now!

planetf1

Standard Member
When I looked around TVs I reckong EVERY SINGLE MODEL I looked at could be critiqued in one way or another. I was fully aware of the bleed reports etc but everytime I saw TVs side by side (even properly lit) I far preferred the samsung (6xxxx series led) even over the samsung lcd/650 series. I didn't feel the 7/8 series were significantly better and I wasn't bothered by 3D so felt this was "best bang for the buck".

I looked at TVs up to 2500, seriously up to 1700 or so, so was delighted that I'd made the right choice

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom