Samsung UE**MU7000 / 7070 Owners Thread

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with audio settings. have the Samsung hw-s60t soundbar connected via arc. What is the best settings for unmodified audio passing to the soundbar.

HDMI Input Audio Setting - PCM or Bitstream

Digital Output Audio Format - I normally set this to DD or DD+

Its more the first setting I need help with as the volume can differ when its amended from one to another.

Thanks for your help.

My 7070 died on me today. It’s in a mode where the back light flickers on and off. Anyone had this before? I have an engineer coming to see it on Saturday.

My MU7000 has developed some lines across the screen and it seems to be spreading down too, its still under the JL 5 year guarantee so its covered and someone is coming out to look at it on Tuesday.

Anyone dealt with them before? Do you think it repairable or will they offer a replacement? (if the latter is there any room for 'upgrading' if I pay the difference?)

7OoU3UY.jpg

vLS8wQr.jpg

My MU7000 has developed some lines across the screen and it seems to be spreading down too, its still under the JL 5 year guarantee so its covered and someone is coming out to look at it on Tuesday.

Anyone dealt with them before? Do you think it repairable or will they offer a replacement? (if the latter is there any room for 'upgrading' if I pay the difference?)

7OoU3UY.jpg

vLS8wQr.jpg

hey

I had a similar issue and so did someone else. Seems like quite strange we’ve all had this issue in the past couple of weeks. Mine also started to flicker on and off and developed a small burn.

I was expecting the tv to be replaced however they ended up replacing the screen. Apparently the screens are “readily” available.

Oh really? I've not kept up with this thread.

Shame, I was hoping I'd be able to negotiate an upgrade whereby I pay the difference and get an OLED....!

Will see what they say on Tuesday...

Shame, I was hoping I'd be able to negotiate an upgrade whereby I pay the difference and get an OLED....!

It wasn’t on this thread but in the classified section someone was selling the same tv with lines. Randomly appeared too. I have an LG oled for my gaming setup. Awesome televisions. Worst case is if does get repaired sell it and upgrade :p.

Seeing these issues I've been willing mine to die, hoping to pay the difference for an OLED upgrade, but it's as good as the day it was bought and if it dies and will be fixed, I'll have to buy one. I struggle to justify it as it's not the main TV and only sees 2 or 3 films a week, but I really want better HDR. Maybe the FHD TV in the bedroom could have an accident and I could move the MU7070 there...

any updates on what happened with yours mate?

Collected this morning. They'll let me know if they can source a new screen. Fingers crossed they can't! :D

If they can't I think I'll see if I can negotiate getting an LG OLED and pay the difference. If they do fix it then so be it, it's a cracking TV and I'm perfectly happy with it, but you know how it is.

Collected this morning. They'll let me know if they can source a new screen. Fingers crossed they can't! :D

If they can't I think I'll see if I can negotiate getting an LG OLED and pay the difference. If they do fix it then so be it, it's a cracking TV and I'm perfectly happy with it, but you know how it is.
Fingers crossed !

Not heard a thing yet.... Make it that what you will.

@xxx_ibzy_xxx where did yours go for repair, somewhere local to you?
So the way mine was fixed they left the tv at mine ordered a new screen and then replaced it at my house. It took minutes to swap it over. A company called ICTV in Basingstoke.

Interesting, mine got taken away to some place in Rickmansworth.

They left me with some Samsung 46" thing from about 2011, horrible colours and some kind of motion smoothing that you cant fully disable. :(

Got a phone call this morning from JL. They've been informed that it can't be repaired.

Offered me the Samsung UE55AU7100 or £579 towards a new TV.

What to do!?

Got a phone call this morning from JL. They've been informed that it can't be repaired.

Offered me the Samsung UE55AU7100 or £579 towards a new TV.

What to do!?

i would compare the 2 tvs on a comparison website and highlight the difference to JL , perhaps they might give you a better model? seems unfair giving you a budget model for a what was considered a mid range tv a few years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah I did wonder that tbh. I'll be bringing that up with them...

Right now I'm trying to decide between the LG CX or the Samsung QN85..

See what differences you can highlight to them and see if you can get a better value gift card. i have the LG CX and did have a q80t which I sold to get the LG CX. IMO the LG is a much better tv overall.

i spoke to a friend who’s television recently stopped working too via John Lewis and he managed to dispute the offer they gave , in the end I believe he got a 30% increase.

I didn't bother questioning it in the end, probably should have but I just didn't have the time.

I did however order a LG CX, will be here on Friday.

I didn't bother questioning it in the end, probably should have but I just didn't have the time.

I did however order a LG CX, will be here on Friday.
enjoy the new TV - great choice :)

Is anyone replacing their tv with the new sky glass tv? be good to get some idea whether It’s better or worse.

Is anyone replacing their tv with the new sky glass tv? be good to get some idea whether It’s better or worse.
I'm thinking about it, mainly for less wires about the place but I really want to see it operational somewhere and I believe London is or was the only place a week or so back.

I'm thinking about it, mainly for less wires about the place but I really want to see it operational somewhere and I believe London is or was the only place a week or so back.
Yeah people that have seen it the sky stores seem to be impressed. the thing some seem to not get is this isn’t an high end tv, it’s aimed at your average joe which is why tv is priced in the mid range catagory. Another thing they don’t like is the thickness of it. To be honest I couldn’t care less how thick it is, not like I’m gonna see when I’m watching it Plus what do they expect with a soundbar and 5 speaker inside it. im hoping there will be some reviews on youtube from Monday so I can get some idea what to expect. I like the idea of the playlist where all your shows from every platform is there so you don’t have to go looking.

Yeah people that have seen it the sky stores seem to be impressed. the thing some seem to not get is this isn’t an high end tv, it’s aimed at your average joe which is why tv is priced in the mid range catagory. Another thing they don’t like is the thickness of it. To be honest I couldn’t care less how thick it is, not like I’m gonna see when I’m watching it Plus what do they expect with a soundbar and 5 speaker inside it. im hoping there will be some reviews on youtube from Monday so I can get some idea what to expect. I like the idea of the playlist where all your shows from every platform is there so you don’t have to go looking.

Thickness doesn't bother me neither but i'm more interested in the sound quality as when we went from a three bed to a two the sound system had to go in favour of a soundbar so if it sounds similar then may be worth a punt.

Thickness doesn't bother me neither but i'm more interested in the sound quality as when we went from a three bed to a two the sound system had to go in favour of a soundbar so if it sounds similar then may be worth a punt.
Previews I’ve read did say the Sound is pretty good. It’s one of the reasons I’m interested since it would be going in my game room to use pc with so I can get rid of my old amp and speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom