Samsung UE**JS9000 Owners' thread

If it is the panel then it is highly unlikely they are still available...

Ours was the panel (light bleed and random black screens as well) engineer came, looked and said it looked like the panel, you’ll probably have to have a replacement tv, but took it away anyway. I guess it depends on the engineer.

Ours was the panel (light bleed and random black screens as well) engineer came, looked and said it looked like the panel, you’ll probably have to have a replacement tv, but took it away anyway. I guess it depends on the engineer.

We have random black screen as well, picture cuts out for 2-3 seconds occasionally. Will be a pain if they take it away, only TV in the house and will need it during lockdown!

We ended up having to watch tv on the tv from our bedroom (a 22”!) for the 3 and a half weeks they had our tv. After much chasing with Richer Sounds the repair agent returned the tv, but we’re still awaiting a replacement from them, as the TVs offered by Samsung were very, shall we say “budget”.

We ended up having to watch tv on the tv from our bedroom (a 22”!) for the 3 and a half weeks they had our tv. After much chasing with Richer Sounds the repair agent returned the tv, but we’re still awaiting a replacement from them, as the TVs offered by Samsung were very, shall we say “budget”.

How old was the TV? I've had it for 5 years, didn't think Samsung would be involved at this point?

We’ve had it for 5 years in the middle of this month. The only thing I can think of why Samsung have been involved is because they don’t make the panels any more. Didn’t know if they were meant to keep supplying them for so many years for repairs?

Hi, same thing happened with my js9000. Richer Sounds will pass you on to Samsung, who will then offer you a choice of 4 tv's. The highest model out of the 4 was the Q70t. I declined saying it wasnt like for like, the lack of the one connect box for starters.

Samsung werent having any of it and said speak to your retailer if you are not happy.
I spoke to RS and they didnt want know and they said the Q70t was a better tv than the Js9000. I disagreed. Those 6yr warranties dont mean much, the longer you go into the warranty the cheaper the tv will be offered.

In the end I took the Q70t and the Js9000 has the better picture, blacks etc. Whole thing has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I cant understand why Richer Sounds were not involved in the exchange at all, they just passed me on to Samsung. Not good customer service at all. I wont be using them again.

I hope you get better service than me.

Oh and Samsung offered an alternative, a refund of £320.... I paid £2500 for that tv

I
spec wise the q70T is a good TV, nothing they can do about the one connect box as they have ditched that on almost all models aside from the 8k one i think and it doesnt affect the performance of the TV
only downside no 3D

the q80t is full array backlit, and a more premium build feel to it and HDR1500 peak brightness so thats a step up from the js9000

can see where you are coming from re the js excellent build quality and premium appearance though- the Q60 and Q70 have a much more plasticky look and feel.

Hi all,

I've got an issue with my JS9000 where fairly often the backlight fade out and I'm left with a black screen, although the sound still continues. The screen comes back on if I open the menu or change what's on the screen, but then fades out again. It happens on HDMI 1 + 2, and also on the built in apps so not device specific, it is the TV.

Doesn't happen on everything but generally on the stuff I want to watch so has made it pretty much unwatchable! I've contacted Richer Sounds who said they can send an engineer to have a look and he might have to take it away for possibly 4-6 weeks (although aim to be quicker).

My concern is not having a TV during lockdown, will make it harder to get through! Just wondering what's the chances of him taking it away, or is it old enough that he won't be able to get parts so won't take it away anyway?

I saw the above post where it wasn't taken away, but it's a different issue so might be resolved differently.

Thanks

try turning to standby

press on the proper remote

info
menu
mute
power

and it should bring up the service mode

select option

factory reset

worth a try

could be the one conect box or cable- if its the panel it is long since unavailable

I must warn when accessing the service menu that if a setting is changed mistakenly the tv could be bricked..

Just as an update to this.

Tom from Richer Sounds finally got back to me and offered the 55Q95T as an option for a bit more money (as it is an upgrade from our 48” JS9000) as a goodwill gesture for the length of time it had taken.

Trouble now is delivery, Tom tried to organise an evening delivery, without luck so sorted it for delivery today, Saturday (which actually was preferable).

Problem being BJS have only delivered the wall mount. TV has apparently “disappeared” and they don’t know where it is!

I’m hoping RS sort this soon as I’m fed up having to wait over 7 weeks and we still don’t have a replacement tv!

New firmware released on the 04/12/2020.
Has anyone noticed a difference since updating?

Hello, can someone please help, I try to connect JS9500 with Apple TV4k and Harman Kardon Citation bar and dont understand why its not work properly.

I connect Apple TV to HK soundbar HDMI in, then from HK soundbar ARC to tv ARC, and with this setup I cant enable DolbyDigital in TV settings, and sound work not right. Where is my mistake?

I try to switch Bitsream to PCM in tv settings and also no luck.

Hello all.

I'm needing to get a replacement smart remote. The BN59-1221 has finally given up :(

Any suggestions? As I suspected there are a ridiculous amount of model numbers out there and no info on what is compatible :(

Thanks.

The rain forest has them if you put in the model number...

Hello all

Got a JS9000 which I put aside in a study for a few months prior to selling it.
I checked if it was still ok two days ago, then kicked off a firmware upgrade which seems to have failed the tv.
Current situation is that the panel starts and one connect box starts but no content gets displayed, screen stays blank.
I tried: disconnecting all cables, battery from remote, but even after overnight no improvement.

Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade by plugging in a USB stick with the firmware binary on it. or to do some hard factory reset ?

Thanks

Hello all

I checked if it was still ok two days ago, then kicked off a firmware upgrade which seems to have failed the tv.
Current situation is that the panel starts and one connect box starts but no content gets displayed, screen stays blank.
I tried: disconnecting all cables, battery from remote, but even after overnight no improvement.

Is there a way to force a firmware upgrade by plugging in a USB stick with the firmware binary on it. or to do some hard factory reset ?

Thanks
You can download the Firmware & install it onto a USB stick. I have updated my JS9000 a few times that way. You can see how to install the Firmware via USB through this link (I am in NZ, you may find a link for your country somewhere) How to update the Samsung TV's firmware using a USB drive | Samsung Support NZ

You can download the Firmware & install it onto a USB stick. I have updated my JS9000 a few times that way. You can see how to install the Firmware via USB through this link (I am in NZ, you may find a link for your country somewhere) How to update the Samsung TV's firmware using a USB drive | Samsung Support NZ
Thanks!
Ok I am trying this with USB sticks formatted in NTFS and with the folder image at the root containing the files.
Is there any preference in which one of the USB ports from the OneConnect box to try that from and assuming that the firmware has started should I expect to see anything on the panel ?
FYI, I have put a stick on the side of the OneConnect box, I am getting light that it's active but I can't tell if it's accessed during the upgrade. The panel still shows blank.

Thanks!
Ok I am trying this with USB sticks formatted in NTFS and with the folder image at the root containing the files.
Is there any preference in which one of the USB ports from the OneConnect box to try that from and assuming that the firmware has started should I expect to see anything on the panel ?
FYI, I have put a stick on the side of the OneConnect box, I am getting light that it's active but I can't tell if it's accessed during the upgrade. The panel still shows blank.
Alright, I tried with NTFS, Fat32 and exFAT formatted and nothing seems to be happening :(

Thanks!
With the panel showing blank, you may have to resort to another rescue method. I suggest you call Samsung and ask what the procedure is for doing a hard reset when the screen remains blank. I Googled it and found a couple of suggestions but trying them out may do more damage. Samsung is your best bet.

With the panel showing blank, you may have to resort to another rescue method. I suggest you call Samsung and ask what the procedure is for doing a hard reset when the screen remains blank. I Googled it and found a couple of suggestions but trying them out may do more damage. Samsung is your best bet.
Can you point at some techniques ? I am now considering recycling the tv altogether so I haven't much to lose. I am not sure if it's the One Connect box that is faulty or the panel.

I found this:
Read the posts in this thread, expanding posts to read what has been quoted, where needed.

You may find more through Google, it can take some time to filter results.
As I mentioned, contact Samsung.

Hello all

Thanks
I doubt if that's possible if the firmware update failed in the process of updating. There maybe a way in rooting the device and performing a reset, I guess you've tried accessing the sm just in case it'll still pull up the menu? Be warned about accessing the sm though, an inadvertent press can alter and make things even worse but there should be a reset in there.
There might be some help in here J Series - SamyGO

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom