Samsung UE**F7000 thread

Got the update yesterday over night. To me it seemed to slightly optimize picture in motion and the color reproduction. Nothing too obvious new in menus and functions.

Well I dunno why but I cannot see the 1103 update anymore. Have they pulled it out ?

What about cinema black ? Any other improvements ?

Hi All

I have the 55" and have tuned both freeview and freesat, however i only seem to be able to bring up either the freesat or the freeview menu when i hit the source as TV.

If i go into smarthub i cam switch from one to the other but i cant find a direct/shorter route, anyone able to tell me what i have missed?

thanks for any help.

Glenn

I got my TV delivered yesterday. I am most impressed so far. Picture Quality on the White Queen on the BBC was almost like being there. However I then watched a episode of Eastenders which looked totally bland in comparision. I also had to adjust the lighting when I watched Hannibal from 12 to 15 as the dark scences where very hard to see clearly. I guess the motto is that Picture quality depends on the programme source and how it is filmed and not your TV. I have not yet tried out the smart/3D stuff yet. That will be tonight.

Can any one tell me if the f7000 can passthough DTS/Dolby i can get it to pass dolby but not DTS from my pc but i cant get it to pass the Dolby from my virgin media Tivo box the tv the tv's connected to my receiver by ARC HDMI.

I Just came from an LG TV That could pass DTS/Dolby and I'm a bit bummed out that this looks like this cant and if thats true I'll have to put my PC and Tivo box into the receiver but then i wont be able to control the tivo box with the TV remote or smart menu and i have to cycle through inputs with the receiver remote.

No, the Samsung cannot do it - and its on my 'bloody stupid' list too..... :mad:

Hi All

I have the 55" and have tuned both freeview and freesat, however i only seem to be able to bring up either the freesat or the freeview menu when i hit the source as TV.

If i go into smarthub i cam switch from one to the other but i cant find a direct/shorter route, anyone able to tell me what i have missed?

thanks for any help.

Glenn

I think its either or - not both :( Out of interest, why do you want both? I thought one was just a subset of the other anyway?

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue??

If this does not work, I will just use the Sky Remote (which seems a shame).

The really sad thing here is the following:

If you press:

1) Menu-->Broadcast-->Guide: it goes right to the Sky EPG.

or

2) More->then go to the 3rd screen-->Guide: it goes right to the SKY EPG

3) But using the Guide Button does nothing at all.

Really bad design to call something "Guide" in three places and have it go different places?

The weird thing is nothing at all happens when pressing the Guide. You would think something would happen? Hopefullt Samsung knows about this and is trying to fix this?

This is another one for my 'bloody stupid' list. When you set the TV up you have to tell it what STB you are using so it can send the right IR commands from SmartHUB. And yet when the TV is on the STB input the guide button does nothing. Surely it would be very simple logic to work out:

If input = STB then Guide_Button Sends Sky_IR _Guide_Signal

The other one for my 'bloody stupid' list is that not all the channel numbers are right in the SmartHub for Sky (all the move channels are messed up for instance)

I have quite a long list.....

I think its either or - not both :( Out of interest, why do you want both? I thought one was just a subset of the other anyway?

Thanks, no their not the same, but being able to swap via the smart menu works just i had imagined i could do either easily. Seems strange to have a DVB-t and DVB-S tuner and not be able to switch from one to the other, after all i am choosing freesat, could easily point it at another sat channel when the two would be completely different.

Hi have ordered the f7000 40" from reliant direct - a bit fishy though as I original,y ordered the es7000 at £799 only for Simon to call and tell me they had sold out - but they still have this up on their website for sale (es7000 at £799) he offered the f7000 for £900 with £50 cashback - so effectively £850 for the f7000 and looks like a 5 year warranty to boot - happy days ( oh and 2.56% cashback via top cashback - Top CashBack Official Site - The UK's #1 CashBack Site) so around £820 for the f7000 40" hopefully :)

QUESTIONS... Using Youview (Humax DTRT1000 / PS3)

When turning the tv on, will it go straight to the last hdmi input last used ? All the smart features are fairly redundant for me as I have all of these with youview / ps3 etc... So can you set it so this hub thing is bypassed? I just want a tv with a great image, not the Internet stuff

At the moment I'm using the youview one-for-all remote to switch from tv to PVR - I can switch hdmi inputs, change from standard (brightly lit room) to cinema (night/dark room). Also mute.
Can I do this with the f7000? Use the youview remote for power on, hdmi input select, volume, image settings etc...?

I see the f7000 has a one for all function - so does this mean I can use the samsung remote on the youview box or vice versa?

Here's a video on youview UI etc that might be of use -

PS3 - game mode - can this be set to be permanently switch on onto the hdmi input for the ps3? Don't really fancy trawling through menus each time before using the ps3...

IMAGE CHANGE

At the moment it takes 6-7 key presses to change image from cinema - standard etc... How many for the f7000?

Does anybody know if the Samsung logo thingy protruding at the bottom is detachable? I'm debating whether to get this one or the f8000. So far the 7000 is what i like the best, design wise... but that little knob is really messing with my zen :)

What about black electrical tape? Is it an infrared port of has some other important use?

I stick black tape over bright LEDs on devices in the bedroom if their too bright...

What about black electrical tape? Is it an infrared port of has some other important use?

I stick black tape over bright LEDs on devices in the bedroom if their too bright...

Why when you can just turn it off in the settings?

When turning the tv on, will it go straight to the last hdmi input last used ? All the smart features are fairly redundant for me as I have all of these with youview / ps3 etc... So can you set it so this hub thing is bypassed? I just want a tv with a great image, not the Internet stuff

At the moment it takes 6-7 key presses to change image from cinema - standard etc... How many for the f7000?

Yes it goes straight to the last input used from my experience also you can bypass the smart hub by going to Settings > Smart Features > On TV Settings > Auto Start.

Its between 5-7 button presses to change depending on whether you use the tools or menu options, not sure if there are any other quick ways.

Well you cant turn of the glaring red standby light. I put the 3D glasses box in front of it at night ... remove it when I watch cause of IR port and looks.

Well you cant turn of the glaring red standby light. I put the 3D glasses box in front of it at night ... remove it when I watch cause of IR port and looks.

Bummer - I may cut a tiny bit of tape to stick over it - hate standby lights on in the bedroom that are too bright

Re PS3 - when you select input - choose game mode - will this still give optimum bluray / video playback inside the ps3 or do you have to switch between game / movie picture modes within ps3?

When going from ps3 (input1) to youview (input2) and the. Back ageing to input1 (ps3), do you have to deselect game mode or does each input remember the last picture setting?

Re USB Recording - in the PDF manual, it states the HDD needs to be for,attend for PVR recordng - and that its encrypted etc... - when connecting this HDD with mts (sd) files, is it possible to drag drop these on to your computer? I understand hd streams are encrypted but think sd are drm free - my ps3 used to record via play tv and you could export to your USB drive.

Last edited:
Bummer - I may cut a tiny bit of tape to stick over it - hate standby lights on in the bedroom that are too bright

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the logo. The standby light is pretty obnoxious and couldn't really understand samsungs thinking behind it.

Re PS3 - when you select input - choose game mode - will this still give optimum bluray / video playback inside the ps3 or do you have to switch between game / movie picture modes within ps3?

When going from ps3 (input1) to youview (input2) and the. Back ageing to input1 (ps3), do you have to deselect game mode or does each input remember the last picture setting?

Re USB Recording - in the PDF manual, it states the HDD needs to be for,attend for PVR recordng - and that its encrypted etc... - when connecting this HDD with mts (sd) files, is it possible to drag drop these on to your computer? I understand hd streams are encrypted but think sd are drm free - my ps3 used to record via play tv and you could export to your USB drive.

I don't use game mode as I don't game on consoles but from what I've seen looking through settings is Game mode puts you on standard profile and disables post processing effects reducing the input lag. I would personally say switching game mode off for blu ray playback would be better but that would be personal preference.

When you apply game mode it will only apply to that source, you can also change an option within the picture settings so changes you make apply to current source only or all sources.

Not sure on the last.

Ok so 2 settings for youview input (day/night), 3 for ps3 input (day/night - video / game)
Hmm don't suppose you can have two standard game mode settings on one input? (Day/night) guess if not, just crank the backlight up in daylight.

Also, are you able to connect bluetooth headphones ? Ones ideal for movies (5.1)

The round Samsung logo is detachable, just get your screwdriver to it. Be careful with the little cable for the light, just tuck it under the tv.

Youview remote codes for Samsung F7000 smart tv - 474 seems to be the best as you have the menu / picture settings along with 'tools'

No 'source' found on any code - need source, smart hub button to make it the only remote required.

006, 043, 064, 108, 115wb, 231w3, 252w1, 276w5, 287w1, 332w4, 345w3, 350w1, 351w1, 372w1, 442w1, 474w2, 488w1, 490w1, 492w1, 228wb, 176, 175w1, 127wb, 095,047, 035, 034, 033, 027, 023, 011, 009wb, 002

W1= work ok, no source button
Wb - work basic - turns tv on, no select wheel etc- avoid
W2 - w1 + tools, (back), epg (guide)
W3 - w1 + play (picture size setting)
W4 - w1 + play (sleep timer)
W5 - w1 but 'I' button doesn't switch to tv
Blank - doesnt work at all

I understand this £50 remote allows you to fully customise (add 'source / smart hub commands) has anyone used it for youview / f7000? Does it work? I guess with amazons turn policy, can return if it doesn't.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...veASIN=B005FQNDTO&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

Note my ps3 Sony PlayStation 3 Blu Ray Remote Control (New Version - version 2) has the source button so you can operate it all with this remote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...veASIN=B009VUPA64&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

Note as well that none of the remotes have a 'smart hub' home button - looking like I may go for a harmony 300i remote - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...veASIN=B003B72GIS&linkCode=as2&tag=mysp085-21

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sorry to bump my own post but has anyone else experienced the same behaviour as I describe above with their Sky boxes? I want to make aure I am not alone before I call Samsung again :rolleyes:
So I've been reviewing this thread as I'm getting a 55 F7k from JL on Wednesday to replace my ES8000.

Anyway, I saw a post here about channel changing issue of certain digits not being picked up and thought it's a typical infra-red blaster issue when you have light from other sources and certain blasts in the sequence (e.g. the zero from 101 may not be received) could be due to interference; try repositioning the Sammy blaster relative to your STB. I've had this type of issue many times with media centre PCs and centralising boxes in my cupboard, etc.

Did you ever write to Rob King? Agree their support are useless (and needing the serial number which can only be found in its entirety on the back of a telly which is wall-mounted before being able to book an engineer is nuts).

Last edited:
I have not long bought the UE40F7000 at a discounted price, and i am very impressed i watched my first 3D film the other day "Despicable Me" and was blown away, i have freesat rigged up, my HTPC running XBMC is hooked up via an Onkyo TX-NR609.
So very pleased with the setup.
I noticed Whathifi have recently reviewed this set and given it 5 Stars.
Just shopping for a 3D standalone bluray player as i'm using my PC and it's a pig to setup.
Just thought id share my views on this awesome set, considering my last tv was a Samsung LE40M87 which has never let me down but the picture wasn't the best.

I have not long bought the UE40F7000 at a discounted price, and i am very impressed i watched my first 3D film the other day "Despicable Me" and was blown away, i have freesat rigged up, my HTPC running XBMC is hooked up via an Onkyo TX-NR609.
So very pleased with the setup.
I noticed Whathifi have recently reviewed this set and given it 5 Stars.
Just shopping for a 3D standalone bluray player as i'm using my PC and it's a pig to setup.
Just thought id share my views on this awesome set, considering my last tv was a Samsung LE40M87 which has never let me down but the picture wasn't the best.

What price did you get it for and supplier, did that include the 5 year warranty?

Thanks,

G.

Bought it from Currys, they had knocked 100 Pound of the RRP plus i got my staff discount so only paid 990 Pound + free delivery that was a month ago.
Helps to work for an Electrical Retail Store i suppose. I fix these things for a living so did my research before i purchased.

Hello, I am hesitant between UE40F7000 (PVA) and UE40F6640/6740 (S-PVA) knowing that the S-PVA is better than PVA...

I saw the two models side by side in the store, the F7000 was the only one to have pulled to the color gray while the F6640 pulled to the blue ... the image quality level of the F6640 seemed more contrasted but F7000 deeper blacks.

There is two tests on the net:
F6640: Samsung UE40F6670: Full Review # overview
Good contrast ratio, delta, gamma, black level, by cons, high risk of clouding !

F7000:
Measurements 2D Movie Mode: http://hdtelevizija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/samsung-f7000-2d-movie.jpg
Full review here: http://hdtelevizija.com/2013/05/19/mini-recenzija-samsung-ue40f7000-f7000-serija-3d-led-lcd-smart-tv/
According to the review 4700:1 contrast black and 0.06. For cons, the gamma is 2.1 (the best thing is 2.2, I think) and from the graph, the risk of saturation of the colors! Well'm not an expert: x

Anyway, hard to choose between these two models, the same price in the store! For that it is suspicious for the F7000 at the same price as the F6600...

Last edited:
Received, logo removed, and wall-mounted yesterday. Yes the LED is annoying.

First impressions: picture and blacks is better than my ES8000 out of the box, not done any tweaking yet. Voice and motion control do actually seem to work though no doubt I will turn off the motion at some point. The voice is handy because you can at least turn the thing on without a remote and for the rest I can use the iPhone app.

Only problem I've found, apart from the camera not being able to zoom still, is with the STB control (which is a welcome addition):

1. I use virgin media and the channel list has errors and omissions (you can remove channels, but I can't add in the BBC2 and CH4 that are missing!).

2. Guide button doesn't do anything as mentioned above

3. The remote also turns off the STB via the blaster and I'd like to be able to stop it doing that since the same STB feeds multiple TVs and the audio for just listening to the radio.

Otherwise great set, looks very sleek (better than the ES) on the wall. Happy also that, when I reported the above problem to Samsung via phone, I can give them the serial number off a menu now (the ONLY place on older models was on the back of the set - a bit hard to get to on a wall-mounted 55!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom