Samsung UE**F7000 thread

I don't know Electronic Empire, but if they only have a show room, then John Lewis will "likely" not match their prices. It is stated on JL website, that the competitor must have a high street store in order for them to match the price.

They do have a store apparently, and you can buy instore;

Instore Purchase
To purchase selected Sony products you will have to visit our showroom. All other products by other manufacturers can either be purchased online, or instore. We are based in Birmingham, West Midlands, you'll find easy access to our fully equipped showroom. We have a large selection of Flat Screen TV's, Blu Ray Players, Hi-Fi systems etc, on display so you can experience your product before you buy.

Our Store:

Premier A/V Centre
105-109 Soho Road
Handsworth
Birmingham
West Midlands
B21 9SP

Both both Electronic Empire and Total Digital are trading names of Premier A/V so not sure how that works for price matches, as you say its only one store / showroom. Out of interest I did use Total Digital back in 2006 to purchase a surround sound system, which was all fine. :)

Edit: Also I noticed its in the same road as Electro Centre, where people are getting price matches on the F8000, they also have an odd differing trading name. Electro Centre Trading as Digital-Point

Last edited:
I requested a price match from JL yesterday, but they would not match the price because of inconsistensies between Electronic Empire's website and store, ie. Electronic Empire and Total Digital. Perhaps a price match between the store and the local Birmingham JL would work.

I requested a price match from JL yesterday, but they would not match the price because of inconsistensies between Electronic Empire's website and store, ie. Electronic Empire and Total Digital. Perhaps a price match between the store and the local Birmingham JL would work.

Yeh, cant say I am suprised. Although to be fair Total Digital is online only, where as Electronic Empire apparently is online or instore.

Guess its just a case of waiting for the F7000 to come down in price, if it ever does compared to the F8000 which you can actually pick up cheaper.

Oh well. I wont be paying retail price for the F7000, especially when the F8000 is cheaper.

JL have accepted price match against total digital at 1379 but i mite wait for price to drop further,total digital have got a store on soho road in birmingham so not just a online .

Last edited:
JL have accepted price match against total digital at 1379 but i mite wait for price to drop further,total digital have got a store on soho road in birmingham so not just a online .

Did you price match in the Birmingham store, or online? Do they give you a link to use online to order at the discounted price.

If you did it online, odd that they didn't go for Mikedi's pricematch but they did yours?

Edit: I'll try my luck with a PM anyway.

Last edited:
when you fill the JL price match form in they ask for the link of the website were price is cheaper then if they accept you buy at full price then JL refund you the difference after you purchase, strange how they didnt accept the other price match with total digital:confused:

I submitted my price match against Electronic Empire and not Total Digital. Maybe that is the difference. I will try again tonight online, but I wonder how you got them to match the price? Did you fill in the form in Birmingham JL?

Also, does anyone know if the freeview and freesat tuners will work outside uk? Planning to go abroad after a few years and might want to take the tv with me.

Edit: Submitted the request against Premier AV Centre, as that's what the store is called. Worth a shot, or I'll just have to wait a little longer :)

Last edited:
I submitted my price match against Electronic Empire and not Total Digital. Maybe that is the difference. I will try again tonight online, but I wonder how you got them to match the price? Did you fill in the form in Birmingham JL?

Also, does anyone know if the freeview and freesat tuners will work outside uk? Planning to go abroad after a few years and might want to take the tv with me.

Edit: Submitted the request against Premier AV Centre, as that's what the store is called. Worth a shot, or I'll just have to wait a little longer :)

i used the price match form on JL website

when you fill the JL price match form in they ask for the link of the website were price is cheaper then if they accept you buy at full price then JL refund you the difference after you purchase, strange how they didnt accept the other price match with total digital:confused:

So I buy the product at full price, then what do you do with the PM email you have? Email them again?!? I am confused how a price match works before you actually have bought the product.

Edit: Got my price match email back from John Lewis, who agreed to PM Total Digital. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
I got my price match too and decided to jump the gun. The sales rep in the store told me that if the TV drops even further within 28 days then they will refund the difference.

Anyway, I am quite happy with this price, and can't wait to get the TV :)

Edit: You order the TV by calling or online, using the reference number in the mail. When you have received your product you reply to the Price Match email, and they will refund the price difference.

Last edited:
I got my price match too and decided to jump the gun. The sales rep in the store told me that if the TV drops even further within 28 days then they will refund the difference.

Anyway, I am quite happy with this price, and can't wait to get the TV :)

Edit: You order the TV by calling or online, using the reference number in the mail. When you have received your product you reply to the Price Match email, and they will refund the price difference.

Let us know what you think of the TV Mikedi, I am very tempted to get mine ordered but might wait till after pay day :)

I wont get the TV until next tuesday, but I'll post what I think about it sometimes next week.

Hi guys,
just signed up here to let you guys know about this TV and hopefully get this thread going a bit more. I did get myself the 46F7080 (Swiss version, but I've heard it's identical in construction with the F7000) for my bedroom (~1.5-2m distance to the screen), mainly because I didn't like the design of the F8080 and the width of its stand. Plus over here, it's still 400CHF more. The 46F7080 runs you 1300£ conversed in Switzerland right now and that's what I paid, just an FYI.

Onto the TV, it is constructed very nicely and the clean aluminum bezel is indeed beautiful, with no visible weld seams or the like. Installation is easy and a matter of a few minutes. My media server (Mezzmo) over AllShare was detected immediately without me having to do anything (had it set up with my D6500 before) and 1080p mkvs ran wonderfully from the start. In fact all of the files I've randomly tried worked and browsing the folders (containing multiple TB of HD material) was no problem, while my D series Samsung would regularly crash. I am going to get Plex set up though just to enjoy the more appealing interface. AllShare isn't too pretty and not customizable at all in views and so on.

As for the picture, I've tried a lot of settings over the last few days and while I initially enjoyed the overly vibrant, saturated pictures of the dynamic mode, its blue tint and massive contrast has started to irritate me more recently and made me switch to standard mode. Backlight is at 10, brightness and sharpness at 45, contrast at 100 and color at 55. I've got black tone on "darker", optimum contrast on "low" and gamma at "-1". Motion plus at clear and everything else pretty much off. This delivers very natural and sharp pictures with no visible tint (at least to my eyes) and shadow detail and black seems better than in the dynamic mode. Note I'm just an amateur user here trying to find the best possible settings for myself. Considering I usually watch TV in a pitch black room, clouding is what I was afraid of most and I can say I am very pleased so far. There is no uneven distribution of light (no random blotches like on my D6500), but when watching in pitch darkness, you can see light coming in from all four corners, but it's very slight and when watching a black screen (series credits or the like), it's practically not visible at all. These corner lights are only apparent when watching a dark scene on a 21:9 film and even then, they remain quite subdued, I wouldn't even go as far as to call them flashlights, simply because they really don't flash very far into the picture and are not that bright. I've tried to capture it as well as was possible and this is the (pretty bad) result (it is more pronounced in reality but you can get an idea of the area it covers):

296ix6c.jpg

Again, I think "regular" people you show this TV to will not notice a thing or care at all. Definitely not in an ambient lit or even daylight bright room. In relation to this, the cinema black mode did generally not do anything for me in freeview TV, no matter the setting. Note that when watching material over AllShare, the setting was greyed out entirely (at off). I have not tried BluRays, but I'd say it'd better work there. Just that people don't get the wrong idea, there is no actual "turning off" of the black bars.

As for banding, I did watch the champions league semis and it looked very good to me, I actually sat up as close as 1m to the screen and the freeview HD picture was perfectly flawless. I was never a big detector of banding though. There is actually a "stadium mode" you can enable, but all I could figure it does really is lock the picture settings at a higher sharpness and color.

What else? The remotes. The touch remote in my opinion is unusable, especially in a dark room (ldo) and the regular remote, while being smaller and more elegant than the D series remote, is not practical either. Buttons are no longer backlit, there is no aspect ratio button, the "directional pad" is now not that anymore but single buttons, which makes "blind navigating" on the remote that much harder and the MENU and SmartHub button have switched places, which made me go nuts the first two days, until, you guessed it, I got my D series remote and threw the new one on the shelves. Also, the pressure point on the old remote is far smoother and overall better than on the new one. This may all sound nitpicky, but hey!

A word about gesture and voice control, I've tried it and it didn't work. Room was possibly to dark and the voice control is not an option at all if I don't want to wake people in the middle of the night because of my screaming into a little metallic block. Also, it's not faster, so what's the point? An LG like magic remote would certainly be the better way to go as for improving usability.

Overall, I'd rate this TV 9/10 after four days of use, I don't see how it can get much better than this right now, but there's always room for improvement I guess.

That's about it for now. I hope this helped some people on here. If you have any questions, shoot!

Peter.

Hey guys. Im debating whether to get this set. I got the LG LA740V at the mo but have real bad motion blur on fast moving pictures. Even on blu ray.

Any of you guys have motion blur on your sets? If not, i think i will end up changing sets.

Also whats 3D like on the samsung cause its really good on the LG.

How things change in just a few days - seems E.E's price for the 40F7000 has gone up £190 :eek: so if you add the additional warranty to match, then J.L are cheaper at £1199.

How things change in just a few days - seems E.E's price for the 40F7000 has gone up £190 :eek: so if you add the additional warranty to match, then J.L are cheaper at £1199.

Yeh the 46" one is up and down like a yo yo as well!

Hey guys. Im debating whether to get this set. I got the LG LA740V at the mo but have real bad motion blur on fast moving pictures. Even on blu ray.

Any of you guys have motion blur on your sets? If not, i think i will end up changing sets.

Also whats 3D like on the samsung cause its really good on the LG.

I finally received my F7000 yesterday, and have had the chance to watch some 3D on it. I have not yet had time to tweak any settings yet.

This morning I watched Life of PI, and it looked absolutely amazing. I watched the film at the cinema a while ago, and honestly I think it looks better on the TV. The images was very sharp, no noticable motion blur and the brightness was good as well.

I recommend having the curtains drawn if you are watching 3D at daytime though, as the light coming through the windows, does cause some annoying flicker effects.

Last night I watched the PC demo Farbrausch Rove 3D from YouTube, and that also looked impressive - at times really good. I did hovever notice some slight ghosting in that video, but it could be due to the way to was encoded.

When the room was completely dark i also noticed torch light in all 4 corners, when not full screen. Picture was totally fine full screen corner to corner.

So far I am really impressed with the 3D on this set, and maybe I can tweak it to work better in dark settings.

So I buy the product at full price, then what do you do with the PM email you have? Email them again?!? I am confused how a price match works before you actually have bought the product.

Edit: Got my price match email back from John Lewis, who agreed to PM Total Digital. Decisions, decisions.

I've been trying to get JL Oxford St to PM Premier AV all day, They first told me no as it is an "online only company" to which I gave them the address again and pointed them towards google maps. Got another call just now telling me again they wouldn't do it because their online store has a different name and there was no shop called Premier AV?!?!?.

I insisted that she went onto google maps whilst on the call so she could see the shop herself and made it clear the PM was against the store price not any online deals (55" @ £1699). She finally found it after like 10 mins lol but said they prob wouldnt match cause of the different online names but they would ask head office again and I would get a call Monday....

I just filled out an online PM to see if that works but beyond that I dont know lol... really starting to hate JL

I've been trying to get JL Oxford St to PM Premier AV all day, They first told me no as it is an "online only company" to which I gave them the address again and pointed them towards google maps. Got another call just now telling me again they wouldn't do it because their online store has a different name and there was no shop called Premier AV?!?!?.

I insisted that she went onto google maps whilst on the call so she could see the shop herself and made it clear the PM was against the store price not any online deals (55" @ £1699). She finally found it after like 10 mins lol but said they prob wouldnt match cause of the different online names but they would ask head office again and I would get a call Monday....

I just filled out an online PM to see if that works but beyond that I dont know lol... really starting to hate JL

I found that you have to be VERY specific when trying to get a price match with JL.

Fill in the form online (don't call them on the phone). You should select the option "saw the price at the store" or whatever its called. The name of the store is Premier AV Centre. Get the exact address of the store from Google.

This worked for me.
Good luck.

Yea I was extremely specific with them, full name, address, phone number, where to find it on street view. The second lady to call me got it confused with 123av.co.uk for some reason unknown and made it clear they wouldn't pm them, thought this pm would be simple as it was a in store offer... didn't count on useless staff calling me lol =/

Prices have changed again, back to £1309 at Total Digital.

Last edited:
JL agreed to pm the 55" at £1749 or I can go for the f8000 at £1999 and I'm not sure what to do lol. I prefer the looks and the stand of the f7000 but is the f8 worth the extra money in terms of features/picture quality?

JL agreed to pm the 55" at £1749 or I can go for the f8000 at £1999 and I'm not sure what to do lol. I prefer the looks and the stand of the f7000 but is the f8 worth the extra money in terms of features/picture quality?

Yeh its difficult, I wonder the same if the PQ difference is really worth the price difference, might be worth asking the guy from hdtvtest.co.uk as he has used both and scored both highly. Worth a shot maybe.

I would need to buy another stand if I went for the F8000 also which again increases the cost differential.

Yeh its difficult, I wonder the same if the PQ difference is really worth the price difference, might be worth asking the guy from hdtvtest.co.uk as he has used both and scored both highly. Worth a shot maybe.

I would need to buy another stand if I went for the F8000 also which again increases the cost differential.

yea the stand is a concern for me, mostly how stable it will be. I have two bengal cats that can get kinda crazy and can picture the f8 not lasting long lol, could only justify the extra money if the quality was clearly better.

I'll check a few places and see if I can find anything, cheers

yea the stand is a concern for me, mostly how stable it will be. I have two bengal cats that can get kinda crazy and can picture the f8 not lasting long lol, could only justify the extra money if the quality was clearly better.

I'll check a few places and see if I can find anything, cheers

Let me know your findings, thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom