Samsung UE**F7000 thread

Harryhippo

Novice Member
I have lost functionality of what I thought was smart hub issues but now realise was on tv functions which I'm annoyed about does anyone know if Samsung are going to replace on tv?

Paul A

Novice Member
I have lost functionality of what I thought was smart hub issues but now realise was on tv functions which I'm annoyed about does anyone know if Samsung are going to replace on tv?
I am also annoyed - feel like Samsung don't care much about their customers once they are a couple of years down the line. My next TV will be a Sony.

Another annoyance since Samsung removed the 'On TV' feature is that the On TV Settings menu is now gone from within Smart Features - this had an option to set 'Auto Start' so that when coming out of standby, the TV would automatically load Smart Hub - as the menu is gone, so is the Auto Start feature, so now on firing up the TV it goes directly into the DTV Air broadcast and not Smart Hub directly. This is an annoyance for me as I only use the TV for Apps, and don't watch any broadcast media. Samsung, what are you playing at?

Last edited:

Teflon

And now the Explore 3D app is being dropped. Can't say I used it much of late, but it would be nice to see something being added just for a change.

uberdonut

Novice Member
Can someone help me with a couple of sound questions?
1. How do I set the TV up so that I can get the 5.1 audio out when I watch thru the Netflix app?
2. I have a scart connector plugged into the scart socket, then into one of my standard stereo inputs on my amp. Works fine watching off-air stuff thru the tuner but I cannot get audio if I am watching say iPlayer app. Or if I change the Source, I still get the tuner sound thru the amp but the source's correct audio comes thru the TV speakers. What's the deal?

HDMI input 3 has ARC (Audio Return Channel) technology, so if you want sound from apps op Smarthub on you surround set, you should have a ARC compatible receiver and connect it via HDMI to your tv on HDMI port 3. good luck

simon12

HDMI input 3 has ARC (Audio Return Channel) technology, so if you want sound from apps op Smarthub on you surround set, you should have a ARC compatible receiver and connect it via HDMI to your tv on HDMI port 3. good luck
Interesting - I didn't know that. I have a rather older 5.1 amp but I seem to have solved the issue now. I have a clever little box that accepts both 5.1 via optical and coax in and then sends it back out via 6 discreet cables to the amp (which has no optical in). I discovered that I can go from the Samsung's optical out to the Optical in on my 'clever box' which then works out the signal is coming from the TV and not the DVD player's coax feed and forwards that to the amp.

The Hemulen

So now not only are they dropping useful apps, in the case of Skype we'll have to put up with over two months of bloody on screen messages telling us. I'm going to be damn annoyed if they drop Netflix next.

Teflon

Have you updated to the latest firmware? I did a few days ago. It deleted all my installed apps, and left me with a completely different smart interface to use, with no instructions on how to use it. It's ok once you get used to it, but it took a fair bit of faffing around to work out how everything works, and re-installing all my apps was a drag.

Cliff

stebo

Standard Member
Would you mind posting a pic of what the new smart layout looks like?

I'm also really annoyed that apps and features are disappearing from this set. I won't be getting a Samsung next time.

Paul A

Novice Member
After 1 year, today, there appears to be a new software update for my Samsung UE55F7000 TV - update 1136. I googled this and see no report of it elsewhere. I may be foolish but have just started the update process...which just completed. No noticeable issues so far, or improvements!

Pasanda

Pressing the smart button brings up a pop up of most recently used apps. That's about all I've noticed.

Cheekster

Has anyone experienced a problem on their UE46F7000 whereby once the tv is plugged into the mains the ‘Smart TV’ logo appears on screen as it would normally when booting up out of standby then it makes that ‘click’ sound as though you’ve pressed the standby button on the remote and the red standby light illuminates. The tv continues to cycle through the above with no tv channel picture being displayed until unplugged at the mains.

The set is just a few months out of its 5-year warranty. Tried googling the fault but can’t find anything about this model specifically. Other older Samsung models that exhibited a similar problem seem to have been due to faulty capacitors that required a circuit board to be replaced.

Unless this is a relatively cheap repair it will probably get replaced.

Pasanda

Has anyone experienced a problem on their UE46F7000 whereby once the tv is plugged into the mains the ‘Smart TV’ logo appears on screen as it would normally when booting up out of standby then it makes that ‘click’ sound as though you’ve pressed the standby button on the remote and the red standby light illuminates. The tv continues to cycle through the above with no tv channel picture being displayed until unplugged at the mains.

The set is just a few months out of its 5-year warranty. Tried googling the fault but can’t find anything about this model specifically. Other older Samsung models that exhibited a similar problem seem to have been due to faulty capacitors that required a circuit board to be replaced.

Unless this is a relatively cheap repair it will probably get replaced.
I have had this set from release and not experienced this (or any other) problem. Still the fastest set in my house to settle down.

Cheekster

I have had this set from release and not experienced this (or any other) problem. Still the fastest set in my house to settle down.

Thanks for replying, have you noticed a number of apps were removed over the years from the Smart TV interface? In fact on a F8000 that was only connected to the Internet for the first time last year every single app and catch-up service were no longer showing up. Basically a Smart TV that is no longer smart! o_O :(

Pasanda

No i hadn't, but i've only ever installed and used Plex and Youtube.
I would expect TV's to lose support for apps over time. I suspect it has more to do with OS that the TV is running, than the model. But, yeah, i'd feel pretty robbed if they suddenly stopped supporting plex.

The other point to make is that these TV's are supposed to be maintained by consumers by buying the upgrade modules that slot into the back. I suspect if you complained to Samsung, that's exactly what they'd say. For me, buying the module was more expensive than buying a Roku box, which is what i'd do if i lost support for my apps.

Cheekster

The Evolution Kit that you mention carried a retail cost of £299 but from what I’ve just read from a quick google search adds nothing new really.

The F8000 has never had the firmware updated, I wonder if that is why no apps remain (YouTube or Freeview catchup apps etc)? Cannot launch the web browser or access the Samsung app Store. Basically purchased what I thought was a Smart TV but it has automatically transformed itself into a dumb TV. Very disappointing!

Pasanda

Youtube is working fine on my set?

Cheekster

TV has now been resurrected from the dead. Unplugged a HDMI to Scart adapter cable and the constant restarting cycle it was previously exhibiting stopped. Bizarre! That cable has been plugged into the TV for many years. It is connected to an ancient Panasonic Sky box. Rarely used and therefore always in standby. No idea how that could possibly cause such a major problem. :confused:

Cheekster

Is there a way of displaying how many hours one of these F7000/F8000 TVs has been on for, does anyone know?

Thanks.

Pasanda

Congratulations.

Nottm73Eng

Novice Member
Is there a way of displaying how many hours one of these F7000/F8000 TVs has been on for, does anyone know?

Thanks.
I don't know but if it's possible at all that stuff is usually in the service menu. A quick Google search will bring up a few YouTube videos telling you how to access the service menus of various models of Samsung TV's. You may have to try a few until you find the one for yours.

Cheekster

After repeatedly trying various methods that others said worked with no joy, eventually found one that does work.

With the TV on, press the following keys on the basic Samsung remote control:

Info
Menu
Mute
Power

Then move the cursor, using the arrow keys, down to SVC then press ENTER.

Panel on time in minutes is displayed.

To exit the service menu, press the power button.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow