Samsung UE**ES8000 Owners Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any 55" owners complaining of banding or is it mostly 65" sets?

Currys has just ditched their ES range from their online site... Was just about to grab this from their for £1499! However now that its gone, I may have to shop elsewhere...
But, if I was to spend that little bit extra do you think I should go for a PANASONIC VIERA TXP50VT65B? I'd mainly watching TV, Gaming and then Movies on the weekends :) Or should I stick with the ES800055" as it has had a year to settle into the market?

Many thanks, Connor!

I've just downloaded the 2008 update and the picture is superb as ever.

However :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm watching the Footie on sky via my virgin hd box and seem to be getting more commentary / pundit audio breakup than I had noticed before. The picture remains stable but the audio hesitates?

When the game is on (Brentford Yeovil) I still get the video stutter so 2008 has made no improvement on that score.

It's no big deal as this happens only occasionally - just wondering if anyone else is getting this audio hesitancy on s/sports? :confused:

I get the audio drop out through tivo on ESPN HD on live sports so may be a virgin issue? Like you though it rarely occurs.

Currys has just ditched their ES range from their online site... Was just about to grab this from their for £1499! However now that its gone, I may have to shop elsewhere...
But, if I was to spend that little bit extra do you think I should go for a PANASONIC VIERA TXP50VT65B? I'd mainly watching TV, Gaming and then Movies on the weekends :) Or should I stick with the ES800055" as it has had a year to settle into the market?

Many thanks, Connor!

Love my es8000 55 inch, the picture is excellent and love all it's features

So they collected my tv today and left me with a Bertie big bezel tv sad times here's a couple of pics of before and after. ImageUploadedByAVForums1369158155.678569.jpgImageUploadedByAVForums1369158169.198072.jpg

Love the setup in the first pic, just goes to show how neat the ES8000 is compared to other TV designs.
You don't really miss it until it's gone . . . .

Always wanted a setup with all the wires hidden but unfortunately my rig looks like Mission Control :)

Love the setup in the first pic, just goes to show how neat the ES8000 is compared to other TV designs.
You don't really miss it until it's gone . . . .

Always wanted a setup with all the wires hidden but unfortunately my rig looks like Mission Control :)

Thanks took a lot of time and effort to get it looking right that's why it was so annoying when the dead pixel popped up in the middle of my screen. Your right thought you don't appreciate how nice the es looks until you have a Bertie big bezel looking at ya.

I can't get enough of this tv, i have no issues with it, the mrs is promising an 55" F8000 if i give up the beer, what do you guys think?

I have a problem with my UE46ES8000 that's driving me mad.
When I first had it, connected to my wireless network and it saw the PC fine. Unfortunately the wireless network wasn't quick enough to stream HD movies to it. So I invested in some homeplugs and everything was fine.
However, between the time I last streamed a film to the TV and now, even though the TV is connecting to the internet fine (downloading updates and streaming Canimals for the kiddie) it simply refuses to acknowledge that there's anything else on the network.
The samsung blu-ray player I got at the same time can see the PC still? I've even tried going back to wireless on the TV but it won't detect the wireless network (wifi router is broadcasting).
Is my TV knackered?
I've tried Samsung Allshare and Serviio on the PC. The Blu-ray player can see both. TV nothing.
I'm completely perplexed by it. Even more so as the TV can obviously download from the internet.
I've tried resetting the TV but that didn't help, and it's running the latest firmware.
Got the TV at Christmas so only 5 months old.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try? or should I just start a warranty claim?

Matt

I can't get enough of this tv, i have no issues with it, the mrs is promising an 55" F8000 if i give up the beer, what do you guys think?
Cheers would be my answer :devil:
And buy the EK

I have a problem with my UE46ES8000 that's driving me mad.
When I first had it, connected to my wireless network and it saw the PC fine. Unfortunately the wireless network wasn't quick enough to stream HD movies to it. So I invested in some homeplugs and everything was fine.
However, between the time I last streamed a film to the TV and now, even though the TV is connecting to the internet fine (downloading updates and streaming Canimals for the kiddie) it simply refuses to acknowledge that there's anything else on the network.
The samsung blu-ray player I got at the same time can see the PC still? I've even tried going back to wireless on the TV but it won't detect the wireless network (wifi router is broadcasting).
Is my TV knackered?
I've tried Samsung Allshare and Serviio on the PC. The Blu-ray player can see both. TV nothing.
I'm completely perplexed by it. Even more so as the TV can obviously download from the internet.
I've tried resetting the TV but that didn't help, and it's running the latest firmware.
Got the TV at Christmas so only 5 months old.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I can try? or should I just start a warranty claim?

Matt

Have you tried setting up the network again on the TV ??

Have you tried setting up the network again on the TV ??

Yeah, I've tried letting the TV get the IP address automatically, setting the IP address manually on the wired network. Both work for connecting to the internet but neither to see the PC.
However, trying to do it wireless, the TV can't see the network at all.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've tried letting the TV get the IP address automatically, setting the IP address manually on the wired network. Both work for connecting to the internet but neither to see the PC.
However, trying to do it wireless, the TV can't see the network at all.

Sounds weird. I am trying to remember if there was anything similar in the last 12,000 posts or so but I do recall that the menu reset does not reset the network settings.... I think that is because in the menu you can do it all again from scratch specifically for Network and separate from the reset setup. So in the IP Settings you tried something other than "Get Automatically" for IP and for DNS? Tried MAC address filtering and/or manual IP address on the router (and manual IP address on TV) just to see if you can force a connection? When you say wired doesn't "see the PC" is this as an Allshare "thing" or the PC doesn't show as a source as well? In Allshare on the PC just make sure the device is granted access - in two years despite ticking all the correct boxes my devices do not re-connect automatically - other Samsung TVs, BD players, desktops etc. Clutching at straws beyond lodge a warranty issue :laugh:

I've been on to the router and deleted all the reserved IP's for the MAC addresses. Left the TV off for an hour. About to try again.
You are right though, resetting the TV resets EVERYTHING except the network settings.
When I say, doesn't see the PC, I mean on the source list. Before, when everything was working, I went into the source list and could see the PC (for DNLA connection), Serviio and All share (I was seeing which one was best).

Will report back in a minute.

I've been on to the router and deleted all the reserved IP's for the MAC addresses. Left the TV off for an hour. About to try again.
You are right though, resetting the TV resets EVERYTHING except the network settings.
When I say, doesn't see the PC, I mean on the source list. Before, when everything was working, I went into the source list and could see the PC (for DNLA connection), Serviio and All share (I was seeing which one was best).

Will report back in a minute.

No worries. I'm in Canberra so the coach has reverted to a pumpkin here :) I'll check back how you're doing later this morning my time:) good luck.....

No joy. Wireless network detection on the TV brings up nothing (not even next door, or BT).
Plug the network cable in the back of the TV, TV checks connection to the internet, works fine.
Searching for devices on the PC via all share, can't detect the TV.
Switch the Blu-ray player on, finds it instantly.

No joy. Wireless network detection on the TV brings up nothing (not even next door, or BT).
Plug the network cable in the back of the TV, TV checks connection to the internet, works fine.

Possibly a fault to lodge :) if other devices connect wirelessly to your router and other routers and the TV doesn't it sounds dodgy.

I had the exact same issue on mine when it was just 2 weeks old. Wifi had worked fine and then just got same symptoms. In my case tuned out that the network card had failed. Called warranty, simple fix on site of a new card but in my case I didn't want the hassle of removing TV from wall (complex high mount) so I just use a powerline adapter and ethernet now.

If you are under warranty I would give them a call

yeah, think it's a warranty job.
Just weird that the TV itself will connect to the internet via the wired connection so it must be going via the router?

Hope Samsung telephone support isn't too painful!

yeah, think it's a warranty job.
Just weird that the TV itself will connect to the internet via the wired connection so it must be going via the router?

Hope Samsung telephone support isn't too painful!

Let us know how you get on ;)

It's the wifi element that failed on mine meaning that my Ethernet connection works fine.

I'm sure I emailed support rather than phoned but whatever it was it was pretty pain free.

I emailed as well, rather than trying to speak to someone in a far away country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom