motion plus clear
led motion plus on

eco on low

please add your settings

Last edited:

knights

Standard Member
Have you used any calibration tools?
I am picking up a colorimeter today at my work, will try to get it to work this week with calman pro or something..

having a 46es8000, will share my settings ofcourse..

whitehart

Have you used any calibration tools?
I am picking up a colorimeter today at my work, will try to get it to work this week with calman pro or something..

having a 46es8000, will share my settings ofcourse..

no tools other than my own eyes unfortunetly - woudl be interesting on a real calibration what the settings are

simon4059

Novice Member
Just got my new tv. After hours of tweaking and reading / inputting 4 complicated settings I decided I liked these the best

Picture Standard

Backlight 12
Contrast 100
Brightness 46
Sharpness 55
Colour 50

Please remember picture is subject to opinion, this is my opinion and it's easy

I tried those settings on my tv and the results were disappointing, much too dark, i had better luck with the D8000 settings on the other thread
http://un55d8000.webs.com/index-rev2.htm.

Hopefully some clever chap will do a calibration that we all like.

Have had my UE55D8000 for 6 weeks now. As a long time fan of Panasonic was a bit disappointed at first. Difficulty was with getting (personally) acceptable calibration settings. After trying most of the ones posted, I tried the ones you recommended, and am delighted with result. No regrets now, and no more fiddling!.

jsamuelson

Standard Member
I used the AVSHD 709 test patterns to calibrate my screen by eye, and ended up with this after a few hours of tweaking:

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8-12 depending on room lighting
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 46
Sharpness: 15+
Colour: 48
Tint: 50/50

Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Black Tone: Darker
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: default
10p: off
Gamma: 0 (also liked +1 can't decide)
Black Enhancer: On
xvYCC: off

Colour Tone: Warm1
Digital Noise: Auto
MPEG Noise: Auto
Film Mode: Auto2
Motion Plus: Clear
LED Motion Plus: On

Richard

Distinguished Member
I used the AVSHD 709 test patterns to calibrate my screen by eye, and ended up with this after a few hours of tweaking:

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8-12 depending on room lighting
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 46
Sharpness: 15+
Colour: 48
Tint: 50/50

Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Black Tone: Darker
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB: Off
Colour Space: Auto
White Balance: default
10p: off
Gamma: 0 (also liked +1 can't decide)
Black Enhancer: On
xvYCC: off

Colour Tone: Warm1
Digital Noise: Auto
MPEG Noise: Auto
Film Mode: Auto2
Motion Plus: Clear
LED Motion Plus: On

These sound quite similar to mine.

Although I set my colour to around 53. Don't you find it looks a little washed out set to 48?

Will certainly give these a go when I get in.

jsamuelson

Standard Member
These sound quite similar to mine.

Although I set my colour to around 53. Don't you find it looks a little washed out set to 48?

Will certainly give these a go when I get in.

That's what the flashing colour patterns gave me in blue…I do find it a little dull at times, and bright and acceptably colourful at other times. This could go on forever!! :laugh:

I really think properly calibrating colour space and white balance is what I need to get things spot on colour-wise, but I don't have the kit.

With these settings and letting the TV's brain manage blacks/contrast I find I get very little bother from the corners and a dramatic, clear picture. It seems a bit dark at times but I'm going to leave it now and throw some more varied content at it to see what happens.

Richard

Distinguished Member
That's what the flashing colour patterns gave me in blue…I do find it a little dull at times, and bright and acceptably colourful at other times. This could go on forever!! :laugh:

I really think properly calibrating colour space and white balance is what I need to get things spot on colour-wise, but I don't have the kit.

With these settings and letting the TV's brain manage blacks/contrast I find I get very little bother from the corners and a dramatic, clear picture. It seems a bit dark at times but I'm going to leave it now and throw some more varied content at it to see what happens.

I will give them a spin later and report back.

:smashin:

jsamuelson

Standard Member
Tried a 3D movie with my settings posted previously and the screen was very uneven with annoying torch lighting. I think this is just standard at this point.

Movie mode seems to really bring out any faults in the panel, especially in 3D. Normal seems better so I am going to play with that again.

It would be good to know what the general difference is between the modes. I have searched without much luck.

I hope I don't have to send this one back too.

whitehart

Tried a 3D movie with my settings posted previously and the screen was very uneven with annoying torch lighting. I think this is just standard at this point.

Movie mode seems to really bring out any faults in the panel, especially in 3D. Normal seems better so I am going to play with that again.

It would be good to know what the general difference is between the modes. I have searched without much luck.

Movie mode is the worst mode standard IMO the best one

knights

Standard Member

hi jsamuelson, I also have got the same experience. I almost returned my Samsung when I choose the MOVIE mode, because it shows torching and an uneven black! The thing I hate about it , is that the 10p calibration settings aren't available and some other settings... :(

I know that the image modus also enable/disable things we cannot change in the Menu - Imaging options. Because with exact the same brightness/colour/backlight .. colours are way different.

jsamuelson

Standard Member
hi jsamuelson, I also have got the same experience. I almost returned my Samsung when I choose the MOVIE mode, because it shows torching and an uneven black! The thing I hate about it , is that the 10p calibration settings aren't available and some other settings... :(

I know that the image modus also enable/disable things we cannot change in the Menu - Imaging options. Because with exact the same brightness/colour/backlight .. colours are way different.

Realistically without the right tools there is now way we can properly calibrate the 10 point white balance anyway…!

I will be testing/tweaking Standard and Natural tonight, last chance to try and get an acceptable picture before returning this TV…again...

KevG123

Just ordered the Disney WoW disc so will post my settings when I get it and go thru the steps

Its like a Micky Mouse version of a serious calibration disc :laugh:

Muckypaws

Standard Member
Hi,

I've just received mine.. its sat in a box here, and I am waiting for my friend to arrive to help me with getting it on the wall to replace my Plasma.

The store provided the below settings as their recommended ones, which I thought I'd share..

Picture Mode = Movie
Backlight = 10
Contrast = 80
Brightness = 50
Sharpness = 20
Colour = 50
Tint(G/R) = do not alter

under Advanced Settings
Black Tone = Dark
Dynamic Contrast = Off
Shadow Detail = 0
Gamma = 1
-
-
Colour Space = Native
Edge Enhancement = On
Motion Lighting = Off
xvYCC = On
LED Motion Plus = On

drsuave

Just ordered the Disney WoW disc so will post my settings when I get it and go thru the steps

Its like a Micky Mouse version of a serious calibration disc :laugh:

My WOW disk should arrive monday or tuesday and my tv wednesday :)

Will do the same when i get a chance :)

Muckypaws

Standard Member
My WOW disk should arrive monday or tuesday and my tv wednesday :)

Will do the same when i get a chance :)

Is this disc region locked to USA? I.e. will it play in the UK?

Muckypaws

Standard Member
Hi,

The store provided the below settings as their recommended ones, which I thought I'd share..

They must be selling from a cave as those are very dark, but thanks.

LOL - As I said, I've not tried them yet.. they've always provided me with good settings in the past.. but I certainly won't pretend to say they are the best.. and I'm sure people on here have heaps of experience :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern announces AK ZERO1 in ear monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
McIntosh launches MI1250 power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 13th October 2021