• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung UBD-K8500 Remote Query

Prominent Member
Hi,

Really need some help here, got problems with the remote not sure if it’s the battery but its hardly been used as I’ve been using my TV Remote for the control but now since I changed my Amp I can’t get my TV remote to control my UHD Player, surely my TV can control my Player as it did before but what do I need to do.

I tried the App Store & nothing worked, is anything I can do, I’ll get a battery soon but I need to use my player & cannot, any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Last edited:

Prominent Member
It was the battery but its a horrible remote

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Your TV should still be able to control your player as it did before.
You've stated it no longer does since you changed your amp so how are they all connected?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Really need some help here, got problems with the remote not sure if it’s the battery but its hardly been used as I’ve been using my TV Remote for the control but now since I changed my Amp I can’t get my TV remote to control my UHD Player, surely my TV can control my Player as it did before but what do I need to do.
Have you got HDMI CEC turned on in your new amp?
Setting procedure AVR-X2400H

Prominent Member
Many thanks to everyone above, I think its all ok now but it was fiddly when you don't alter things in terms of the Amp for 6 yrs.

On another thing personally, I'm not happy with the Sound on the Amp, though of course it terms of connections, build etc is superb but it fails on the sound for its decent but the tone is not rich or bassey, there are limited GE's also to give it a more thorough sound.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom