Samsung UBD-K8500 dead

rogjack

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I have the dubious honour of reporting the first UBD-K8500 casualty. After only three plays the screen froze and went to mosaic five minutes into Salt. The red light now flashes constantly. Tried removing the plug for 30 minutes, 2 hours and even overnight but it is not coming back to life. Supposedly, holding down the stop button on the unit for 5 seconds will cause a hard reset but that won't work either. Audiovisualonline support have been helpful but I think they are looking at replacing it now. Of course, there are no stocks at present so I have to wait until more arrive. :(

Sorry to hear that, not good news. :(

You could try with Samsung UK to see if you can get one quicker?

After plugging it in a few times I managed to get the menus up and navigate to the remote management in the hope that Samsung might be able to take a look at it. I called them and was connected to one of their overseas call centres. It took me 10 minutes to explain to an operator what my problem was by which time the player had crashed again. I doubt whether it is possible to get through to anyone quickly enough to actually repair anything this way. I think I shall have to leave to audiovisualonline to replace it. Samsung has no stocks until the next shipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom