Samsung UBD K-8500 UHD - No Time to Die

Skid Solo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have had a Samsung UBD k-5800 Player for a number of years now.
I tried to play No Time to Die 4K disc at the weekend and the player would not play the disc. There is a language selection and it just froze at this point (I could play the standard Blu-ray no problem) I did get a quick message pop up that the disc was not compatible but couldn't get that to show again
I tried to see if any updated firmware but I am on the latest
I only have one 4K player so couldn't verify if this disc was OK
Any idea's ? I was wondering if new disc's have changed specification and that Samsung are no longer supporting the player
Thanks

Hi I have had a Samsung UBD k-5800 Player for a number of years now.
I tried to play No Time to Die 4K disc at the weekend and the player would not play the disc. There is a language selection and it just froze at this point (I could play the standard Blu-ray no problem) I did get a quick message pop up that the disc was not compatible but couldn't get that to show again
I tried to see if any updated firmware but I am on the latest
I only have one 4K player so couldn't verify if this disc was OK
Any idea's ? I was wondering if new disc's have changed specification and that Samsung are no longer supporting the player
Thanks
I'm not expecting this to do anything but if you haven't already done so power everything off at the wall plug and then back on again. See if you can use top menu on remote (if available) to try and bypass the language selection menu. You could try a replacement disc but I wouldn't hold out much hope for it having better playback.

As Samsung has pulled out of the UHD player market I'm guessing they have no reason to continue firmware updates to cope with new discs (last update was 2018). If none of the above suggestions resolve the problem there is not really much you can do about this disc not playing except to buy another UHD player.

thanks two2midnight, similar to my thoughts.
Yes tried turning off/on and home menu was how I got the incompatible disc
Looks like a new player then

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom